Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVNV and Transunion

tag
Cherriwyn
Regular Contributor

LVNV and Transunion

Just a couple of days ago, I sent a fax to transunion stating on several occasions I have contacted LVNV and it's affiliates requesting validation of a debt they were reporting in my credit file but I haven't received validation per my request.  The certified letter was returned to my attention.  Today I notice my score increased 19 points.  Not only did LVNV add an additional $5 to my balance but the CRA placed the account in dispute comment back on my credit file.  I specifically stated in my letter that it was not a dispute but a request to remove the information for non validation.  The agent told me they placed the comment in my file because they are conducting an "investigation" which is the same as a dispute.  He stated they sent an email to LVNV and they are currently waiting for a response.  Once they respond, they will notify me with the results.  As the consumer, would anyone know my rights from this point or what should be my next step?  Why is LVNV charging me fees if they have not validated the date?  Once they remove the "AID" comment, my score is going to drop 19 points again.  PLEASE HELP!!!

Starting Score: 511
Current Score: 628
Goal Score: 650

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
casmith1980
Established Contributor

Re: LVNV and Transunion

I know it is difficult to do, but be patient Smiley Happy  They have 30 days to validate the debt.  if the CRA can't validate, they will remove it.

if it comes back as valid, request an MOV (method of verification) from the CRA. 

Filed BK 12/5/14
341 meeting 1/9/15
Anticipated discharge 3/10/15

Goal: 700 by 3/2017
Message 2 of 7
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@casmith1980 wrote:

I know it is difficult to do, but be patient Smiley Happy  They have 30 days to validate the debt.  if the CRA can't validate, they will remove it.

if it comes back as valid, request an MOV (method of verification) from the CRA. 

Unless you live in Texas there is no time limit for a CA to answer a DV. They just have to stop collection activity.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 3 of 7
Cherriwyn
Regular Contributor

Thank you both for your response.

MarineVietVet, I live in Virginia and the SOL expired last year.  If they have not validated the debt, then they should not be increasing my balance, is that correct?

Starting Score: 511
Current Score: 628
Goal Score: 650

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 7
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Cherriwyn wrote:

MarineVietVet, I live in Virginia and the SOL expired last year.  If they have not validated the debt, then they should not be increasing my balance, is that correct?

Good question. But I'm not sure of the answer and will wait along with you for someone to say.  Smiley Happy

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 5 of 7
hoping2rebuild
Established Contributor

I have the same ? I sent Asset Acceptance a DV and they have not

responded but have update my Crs since that time increasing my balance

Starting Score: 377EQ/350EX/400TU As of 11/2011
Current Score: 620EQ/614EX/612TU As of 01/2013
Goal Score: 700+ across the boards
Message 6 of 7
Chopbrocoli
Established Contributor

@Cherriwyn wrote:

Your balance increased due to interest, which is allowed pursuant to your original credit agreement. 

AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.