Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVNV came out of nowhere and I can't get it off my CR

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

LVNV came out of nowhere and I can't get it off my CR

I'm in the state of AZ.  In December LVNV placed a TL in my Credit Report for a bank account that I had in 2006 that was overdrawn.  They are reporting it as a factoring account and that it was opened in 9/2011.  This caused us to miss out on purchasing a home as it dropped my credit score about 100 points because it was reported as a new collection.  I tried using a well known agency, but they have not been much help and were sending letters to just LVNV and not any of their other sister companies.  I also tried disputing online, but all the scar's do is update the tl as verified.  I called and they do not do a pay for deletion, so how should I approach this?

Start over with a written DV to LVNV, Resurgent etc?

Do I do written disputes with the scar's at the same time I do the DV with LVNV?

Looking for a place to restart this process.  Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: LVNV came out of nowhere and I can't get it off my CR

What was the basis for inaccuracy of reporting asserted in your dispute?

Disputes are used to challenge the accuracy of information reported to the CRA.

DVs are sent to get validation of the debt itself, to obtain the identity of an original creditor, to get itemization of the asserted debt, and to invoke a cease-collection bar on the debt collector.  They are not a dispute of credit reporting.  You can do both if each are appropriate.  Different processes for different things.

If your DV is sent after 30 days from the date of their dunning notice, then it wont invoke any cease collection bar.  In your state, they have no requirement to even respond to a DV request, and if not timely sent, it also would not invoke a cease collection bar on them. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.