Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVNV..gonna settle :( advice?

tag
mrordinary
New Contributor

LVNV..gonna settle :( advice?

So the complaints with the BBB and FTC went nowhere. These idiots STILL haven't tried to collect from me and now have added dispute remarks to the entry saying "consumer disputes account info" or something. Sigh. This account was placed as a collection in September so I need to resolve prior to apping for this mortgage.
Has anyone settled with them? Any recommendations as to what percentage to start negotiations?This is out 4 year old debt for a charged off CC... about $1200. Prior to Lvnv, Arrow offered about 19% settlement... I was an idiot and ignored it. Is that a good place to start?

Starting Score: 620
Current Score: 649EQ/640EX/642TU
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: LVNV..gonna settle :( advice?

What is the SOL status of the debt (usually, but not always, determined by your DOFD)?

Message 2 of 5
mrordinary
New Contributor

DOFD is May 08.. SOL is 3 years here.

Message 3 of 5
mrordinary
New Contributor

Ok, I called LVNV at the number they provided in the BBB response.... Then I was transferred twice and ended up leaving a message for someone in the complaints dept?? I then tried to call the company they (lvnv) sent my collection to. Capital management says they don't have it either?? Do you think they are in the process of deleting?

Message 4 of 5
mrordinary
New Contributor

Just because I want to close out this thread for future readers, I want to report that LVNV settled for 20%! I am just glad it's over.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.