Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVNV multiple Tradelines best approach

tag
KnewBee
New Contributor

LVNV multiple Tradelines best approach

Hello, I have more than TL from LVNV with different OCs. For the purposes of dv letters, settlement attempts, disputes to how they are reporting them etc. is it best to treat each TL individually or treat it as one account since it is all the same JDB? I am guessing something like a dv letter is probably best to treat each TL separately, but any cases where you treat it as one? I.e. more leverage in a settlement attempt? 

Hope this makes sense. Thank you!

Starting Scores: 9/19/2012 EQ 613 / TU 526 / EX 543
Current Scores: EQ 716 TU 724 EX 724 Goal Scores: 700
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: LVNV multiple Tradelines best approach

If you try to settle, there's nothing wrong with bundling them all together and making an offer.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 7
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@KnewBee wrote:

Hello, I have more than TL from LVNV with different OCs. For the purposes of dv letters, settlement attempts, disputes to how they are reporting them etc. is it best to treat each TL individually or treat it as one account since it is all the same JDB? I am guessing something like a dv letter is probably best to treat each TL separately, but any cases where you treat it as one? I.e. more leverage in a settlement attempt? 

Hope this makes sense. Thank you!

How old are these trade lines?

LVNV is notorious for being flightly and loose with the law.. You might be able to gain leverage to compel deletion from them..

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 3 of 7
KnewBee
New Contributor

They are all about 5 years old, but the way they are being reported they look like new accounts!

Starting Scores: 9/19/2012 EQ 613 / TU 526 / EX 543
Current Scores: EQ 716 TU 724 EX 724 Goal Scores: 700
Message 4 of 7
NotIT

I am having a similar issue here... I have sent DV ltrs to no avail.  However since I've sent 2 DV's with adequate time to respond, I've noticed a new "trend"...  they keep "closing" the acct on my credit report, but I'll see a new "acct #" for the same exact amt listed as open for this month... this appears to be a constant cycle since my ltrs.  

Also, every once in a while they seem to overlap and will show as 2 collections one opened last month and one this month.

LVNV is royally confusing as to how to handle, so I'm very interested in what anyone has to say about them.  Below is how it shows on my report:

800-363-3115
PO BOX 740281
HOUSTON, TX 77274
 Experian®Equifax®TransUnion®

Account NameLVNV FUNDING LLCLVNV FUNDING LLCLVNV FUNDING
Account #XXXXXXXXXXXX
Account TypeDebt PurchaseOpen AccountOpen account
Balance$627.00$625.00$627.00
Date Opened9/1/20119/1/20119/23/2011

Account StatusClosedClosedOpen
Mo. Payment   
Past Due$627.00$625.00$627.00
Payment StatusSeriously past due date / assigned to attorney, collection agency, or credit grantor's internal collection departmentAt least 120 days or more than four payments past dueCollection account
High Balance $603.00$603.00
Limit   
Terms1 Month  
CommentsAccount in dispute-reported by subscriber
COLLECTION ACCOUNT
Account information disputed by consumer

Starting Score: 7/27/12 TU 622 / EQ 584 / EX 642
Current Score: TU 10/22/12 609 / EQ 695 / EX 658
Goal Score: 713 All 3

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found this forum while doing some research on lvnv.  I have sent them request after request and they kept reaging the account and then they kept transfering it to another one of their companies.

They are trying to collect on a First Premiere Bank Visa that is 6 years old and another visa card.  I found that both cards had arbitration clauses.  I paid the money to invoke the arbitration and they never responded. 

I filed suit last week against LVNV Funding and Resurgent Capital and Sherman Companies. 

LVNV isn't new at this.  There is currently a lawsuit that is pending against them for listing themselves as an "Orginal Creditor".  They tried to have it dismissed and the courts ruled against them. 

From my experience, the only thing that they have listened to is my court filing.  All of a sudden I found myself saying... Can you hear me now?

The amount of debt I have is under $1000.00 total with them and it is out of the Statute of Limitations.  They even told me it was past the SOL but they keep making it so it won't come off my credit. 

Message 6 of 7
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

The fact that it is past the SOL does not require the removal of it from your CR.  The CRTP is 7 years + 180 days of the DOFD.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.