Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVNV not showing as a collection on my FICO reports

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

LVNV not showing as a collection on my FICO reports

I've got a collection with a Holloway collection agency, I'm trying to negotiate a delete for them, and I also have an LVNV.  The weird thing is, LVNV isn't showing up in the collection section of either myFICO reports.  At 1st it showed up as a credit card. I sent a debt  validation to LVNV, they didn’t respond, so I asked the CA’s to delete. The CA’s contacted LVNV. 

LVNV responded to the CA’s. but then all the negative late pay marks were gone from LVNV, and it’s not showing up as a credit card account anymore either.   But the weird thing is, it NEVER showed up under collections on my FICO.  But it does on Experian,. It shows up as a “collection” on the direct from Equifax and direct from TransUnion too.

I wonder if it’s not affecting my fico as a classified as collection account and simply showing up as a “regular” account, should I just negotiate a settlement if they don’t delete.  If it’s showing up as a regular account on my FICO, I wonder a deletion of it would hurt my score.

I was trying to get a house before April 30th. I doubt I make it, I’m turning the majority of my attention to this Holloway collection that’s actually showing as a collection on myFICO. In the meantime, while I try and figure this LVNV thing out.  Cause I KNOW that’s showing up as a collection.  I’ve gotten my other paid collection deleted with a GW, so after Holloway is deleted *fingers crossed*   I wont have any more collectionson my account according to myFICO.

Message Edited by utilitybelt on 03-09-2010 07:21 PM
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: LVNV not showing as a collection on my FICO reports

I have seen collections report both in the account section and collection section.  It can report either way and either way is just as damaging

Can you be more specific as to how it was showing as a CC. 

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

the old accounts are gone but the $ amount was lumped in as my total credit card amount. if that makes sense.  for example. if had a visa for 150, and LVNV for 2000.  My Fico would say i had a total of $2150 n credit card debt

never classified LVNV as a collection at all 

Message 3 of 16
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

this is how it looks now 

equifax Credit Account

Lvnvfundg
Status as of [?] Feb, 2010 Date opened [?] Apr, 2007 Date of last activity [?] Apr, 2006 Date closed [?] Not Reported Account number [?] Not Reported Loan type [?] Not Reported Largest past balance [?] $2,732 Terms [?] Not Reported Account Type [?] Open Account Account holder [?] Individual Scheduled payment amount [?] $0
Descriptions [?]
  • Consumer disputes - reinvestigation in progress
  • Consumer disputes this account information

No contact information provided by Equifax

Balance [?] Current Status [?] Past Due Amount [?] $3,130 120+ days past due $3,130 Seven year payment history [?] 30 days late 0 times 60 days late 0 times 90+ days late 0 times Worst Delinquency [?] None Reported

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

transunion

Credit AccountLvnv Funding Llc
Status as of [?] Feb, 2010 Date opened [?] Apr, 2007 Date of last activity [?] Sep, 2007 Date paid out [?] Not Reported Date closed [?] Not Reported Account number [?] XXXXXXXX Loan type [?] Factoring Company Account Credit limit [?] Not Reported Largest past balance [?] $2,732 Terms [?] Not Reported Account Type [?] Open Account Account holder [?] Individual Account Scheduled payment amount [?] Not Reported
Descriptions [?]
  • Account information disputed by consumer
Contact Information [?]
P.O. B 10584
Greenville, SC 29603
Balance [?] Current Status [?] Past Due Amount [?] $3,130 Collection account $3,130 Seven year payment history [?] 30 days late 0 times 60 days late 0 times 90+ days late 0 times Worst Delinquency [?] None Reported The Worst Delinquency reports the worst missed payment status that has been documented on this account. Your FICO® score evaluates how recently that missed payment occurred and in general, the more recent, the more impact it has on your score. However, the fact that it occurred is

Message 6 of 16
guiness56
Epic Contributor

It looks like they are reporting correctly.  Some CAs try to say they are a Factoring Company so they do not have to comply with the FCRA and FDCPA.  But, a CA is a CA.

Also, a CA account is going to add into your overall debt.

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok so i'm trying to negotiate with them right now, should i even worry about the pay for delete.  They offered me a settlement amount, I'm not accepting it right now, because I want it in writing and I want a PFD.  My score went up after the credit agencies contact LVNV

another thing, get this. i wrote them saying only contact me by mail. they cut off communication altogether.  saying it was law, when i say no telephone contact, they don't contact me at ALL.  and that was their reasoning for not sending the validation.

Message 8 of 16
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Well, they have no time limit in which to respond to a DV but, they cannot continue collection activity until they do.

They took your request to contact you by mail only as a C and D. 

I would send another letter stating you did not request a C and D only requested to be contacted by mail.

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah i figured.  it ticked me off, cause the letter clearly states i want validation and clearly states communicate with me by mail.  i think they are staling cause they know folks are trying to get this homebuyer's credit. 

thanks for your input. IYO, should i even worry about trying to get a PFD as long as they are reporting the way they are? the only reason i wanted a PFD is to get my score up, but it looks as if it's not even hurting my score as a collection, because it's nto classified as one.  

in other words, as long as it's paid/satisfied, i don't think it would carry the same weight as a collection.  i could be wrong, tho. if holloway agrees to do a pfd, i won't have ANY collections on my FICO account anymore..under collections that is.  i have a good mind to tell tem "look there is holloway and LVNV.  whom ever agrees to delete 1st, gets the check"  haha

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.