Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVNV's "Validation"

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

LVNV's "Validation"

My spouse sent LVNV a DV and they received on Feb 22. They hadn't ever answered and because we were busy with my reports, hadn't sent nothing in to the CRAs that it was being reported to. Over the weekend, we sent out the disputes for failure to validate and copies of everything as you are supposed to do. It was reporting with a balance of $329.00

I disputed the LVNV on my report because I did the big bad no no and called them and they told me they didn't own the account any longer, they sold it to Midland. So, I just disputed it and didn't send a DV. It was removed from EQ(CSC), the only one it was reported to as a result of the dispute. The debt showing on my CR was $216.00

Today, in the mail, received "validation" addressed to myself and an envelope addressed to my spouse.

Both letters identical format, but different names, account numbers, amounts, etc. These are 2 seperate debts on our credit reports. Mine was an invalid account that did NOT belong to me or my spouse. My spouse's could have been legit.

Anyhow, here is the weird thing.......the amount in the debt validation letter to me is only $88.97....but they were reporting $216.00 and the account number on the letter and what was being reported is two different account numbers. The best I can figure is they are sending me validation(that I didn't request) on an account that hasn't been reported on my CR and I know nothing about. Notice how on the cover letter it says "Thank you for your recent inquiry regarding this account".......I never contacted them about this account. LOL....

And the funny thing is...........well you'll see the funny part when you read the "validation" - it hardly qualifies as validation, IMO.

My son got something sticky on my scanner glass and I didn't realize it when I scanned the document, ignore that. 3 yr olds LOL.

I will just post my letter and "validation" as they are the same as my spouse's, cept a different account number and amount.

Message Edited by sidewinder on 05-06-2008 01:02 PM
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: LVNV's "Validation"

Wow, that looks really.. "official"... LOL
Message 2 of 7
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

WOW, such idiots! Thats basically telling you who owns it and what the amount is for! Now i know your DV letter asked for more! WOW!
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Schoolbuskid wrote:
WOW, such idiots! Thats basically telling you who owns it and what the amount is for! Now i know your DV letter asked for more! WOW!

I did ask for more, true.

But what gets me the most is that I didn't request validation from them on ANY account. I disputed an account for $216.00 that was removed as a result of the dispute. This $88.97 debt I have NEVER heard about before until I get this "validation" in the mail.

I find it odd that both, my spouse and I, receive validation on the SAME day, letters almost identical. Especially after it being 60+ days since my spouse requested validation and I NEVER requested validation.

The cover letters had the "you have 30 days to dispute, blah, blah" at the bottom......so should I DV so they can't report this new $88.97 debt? LOL

Plus, apparently they have a postage machine and add postage themselves(as many companies do), they added $5.21 postage-- which is the cost for CMRRR....but neither was sent CMRRR. So they mailed 2 expensive letters with NO proof. LMAO.

Message Edited by sidewinder on 05-05-2008 06:51 PM
Message 4 of 7
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

So what is actually on your report now, regarding this company?
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 5 of 7
Jesedmotherof5
Established Contributor

ha ha ha thats the funniest thing I ever saw... I wonder if my company can get away with that.... Just kidding I would never!!!! Seems to me that this is the same documentation that CA send to the CRAs for "verified" accounts and get away with it. just my opinion!
6/9/08 FICO TU 697 EX698 EQ 618uti 6% (once new accounts hit) BIZ- DUNS 80, EX 35
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
2010 BE a first time buyer
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Schoolbuskid wrote:
So what is actually on your report now, regarding this company?

On MY report-- nothing.  That is what confuses me. I disputed with EQ(CSC) and it was deleted. About a month ago is when the investigation was complete. And that account had a different number and a different amount.

On my spouse's report - the debt they sent "validation" for, although we just sent letters to the CRA to dispute.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.