cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVNV....should I pay it or not to improve my score?

tag
Cici1957
Valued Member

LVNV....should I pay it or not to improve my score?

Good morning and Merry Christmas!

In 2013 I signed up online for Windstream internet svc for $19.99 monthly. My Verizon wi-fi device was outdated and not compatible with Windstream. I went to the local Windstream store and cancelled. They took off the $19.99.

Two weeks later I get a bill for $125.00 for monthly service. Needless to say I was not happy. Back to the store. They again sent messages to billing that they (local office)had already closed my acct. I thought it was resoved.  In 2016 I noticed on my credit report that LVNV had it and it was $558.00. 

I have disputed it but no luck. Still being reported every month. GRRRRRRRR!!!!

What should I do? Tks!!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: LVNV....should I pay it or not to improve my score?

@Cici1957 wrote:

Good morning and Merry Christmas!

In 2013 I signed up online for Windstream internet svc for $19.99 monthly. My Verizon wi-fi device was outdated and not compatible with Windstream. I went to the local Windstream store and cancelled. They took off the $19.99.

Two weeks later I get a bill for $125.00 for monthly service. Needless to say I was not happy. Back to the store. They again sent messages to billing that they (local office)had already closed my acct. I thought it was resoved.  In 2016 I noticed on my credit report that LVNV had it and it was $558.00. 

I have disputed it but no luck. Still being reported every month. GRRRRRRRR!!!!

What should I do? Tks!!

Contact the OC and demand that they take care of it before you take legal action against them and their assigns. Do it all in writing with certified mail.

Message 2 of 3
Cici1957
Valued Member

Re: LVNV....should I pay it or not to improve my score?

Thank you!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.