cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last 90 Day Late removed. 84 point increase!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Last 90 Day Late removed. 84 point increase!

I finally got TU to remove a trade line with one 90 Day Late from 2014. It was the very last derog on my TU report. My FICO 8 went up 84 points, putting TU as my highest score at 777. 

I had recently read that 90 Day Lates have the same impact as a BK for as long as they stay on your report, and I firmly believe that now. 

4 REPLIES 4
Sneakytiki
Frequent Contributor

Re: Last 90 Day Late removed. 84 point increase!

Nice job and congrats on the clean file!! One day I hope to join you, my repair and GW campaign continues.

Starting Score-(01/2017): FICO ||EX:575--EQ:549--TU:588||
Current Score--(04/2018): FICO ||EX:686--EQ:697--TU:715||

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I finally got TU to remove a trade line with one 90 Day Late from 2014. It was the very last derog on my TU report. My FICO 8 went up 84 points, putting TU as my highest score at 777. 

I had recently read that 90 Day Lates have the same impact as a BK for as long as they stay on your report, and I firmly believe that now. 

How does one go about that?  Do you have to wait a certain amount of time from the date of the late payment?  I also notice that some places report when you pay off a collection account and change the status from "negative" to "paid" or from "derogatory" to "current".  Others don't.  I have two that were paid off quite some time ago, and the status hasn't changed.  I didn't realize that until just recently.   Not sure how to fix that, either.  If anyone has advice, please let me know!  Thanks.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations, that's outstanding!

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

May I ask if there's a strategy for so many credit cards you own? I assume you went through a phase of credit repairing and I was wondering if that many lines of credit had something to do with it.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.