Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last CA removed!!!!

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Last CA removed!!!!

Just got word that everyone's favorite CA, AFNI, is deleting off my CRs!!!! This is my last CA. Only 1 CO left.

I sent them DVs in the fall and this past spring and they always sent the same form letter with an amount that never jived with my records. I was willing to settle for their amount with a PFD in full, but they ignored those requests.

So, I lobbied the OC and they gave me statements and the balance I knew was due. Then I sent new DVs via mail, e-mail, and fax (10 of them) and included info (not the amount) about the OC. I told them to update the correct balance owed or delete and that misrepresenting the balance was a violation of Sect. 807 of the FDCPA. Well, they responded back saying they'll delete!
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Last CA removed!!!!

Congrats!!!
Message 2 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrads!!!!!!!!!!!  you worked hard on that one.
Message 3 of 31
GFer
Valued Contributor

Wow! Talk about tenacious! Awesome work!

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 31
jwillvin
Valued Member

Wow that is awesome!!! Congrats!!   I know how much of a pain in the @** AFNI is as I struggled for months fighting with them. A couple of weeks ago I e-mailed them a PFD and they responded by saying that they would delete the entry. I didn't pay anything and the TL isn't due to fall off until April 09'. I woke up this morning and updated my CR on truecredit and they're GONE!!!  I'm so glad I don't have to deal with them anymore either!!!

Happy no more AFNI day!! HA
Message 5 of 31
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks!!

For the record, before this last round over the weekend, I sent 4 DVs (in 2 batches) and over 9 PFDs (in 3 batches). The only response I ever received was 2 of their typical form letters. This last round involved a salvo of 10 DVs. It was 2 e-mailed, modified DVs that did it.

While the OC said that the account was PIF long ago, the actual amount due was actually higher than AFNI claimed. If AFNI validated, then my PFD amount would have bumped higher. This was a gamble but it worked.

We are now down to Verizon Wireless (for me) and a medical CA for DW, aside from a couple old accounts with lates.

Edit to add.....this account went to several CAs before it went to AFNI. AFNI didn't change the amount, but rather a previous CA (GC Services, LP in 2004)

I predict a 45-55 point bump. Wanted to write this for the record before any score change.

Message Edited by llecs on 08-12-2008 05:15 PM
Message 6 of 31
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

jwillvin wrote:
Wow that is awesome!!! Congrats!!   I know how much of a pain in the @** AFNI is as I struggled for months fighting with them. A couple of weeks ago I e-mailed them a PFD and they responded by saying that they would delete the entry. I didn't pay anything and the TL isn't due to fall off until April 09'. I woke up this morning and updated my CR on truecredit and they're GONE!!!  I'm so glad I don't have to deal with them anymore either!!!

Happy no more AFNI day!! HA

Congrats!!! Prior to today, I question my sanity by having a dual subscription to both TrueCredit and CreditCheckTotal. However, will all of this, looks like I'll pull twice a day, every day. I'm about to frame my e-mail and will frame my CRs when they delete.
Message 7 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 8 of 31
hoping2rebuild
Established Contributor

Congrats!!! Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: 377EQ/350EX/400TU As of 11/2011
Current Score: 620EQ/614EX/612TU As of 01/2013
Goal Score: 700+ across the boards
Message 9 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! See now...that's persistence at it's finest!
Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.