Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last collection paid!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Last collection paid!

I finally got the LAST collection paid off from my Experian report! That will leave me with 0 collections across all three CRAs, & only one account (Cap 1) with 16 lates on it. Looking to see how much my EX score jumps up to- theoretically I would assume it would fall in line more or less with my TU & EQ scores, now that all the reporting info is basically the same, no?

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Last collection paid!

I’d think so. Here’s hoping you can clean up the lates on CapOne and see your scores go through the roof!
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I’d think so. Here’s hoping you can clean up the lates on CapOne and see your scores go through the roof!

Yeah, I keep making on time payments to the account, hoping to build up a long string of positive payment history before attempting any goodwill with them. This is the only reason why I haven't just paid it off.

Right now my main focus is going to be getting the DW's scores up enough so we can buy a house. Her FICO 8 scores are only about 40 pts behind mine, but her mortgage scores are about 100 pts less! =(

Message 3 of 10
dynamicvb
Valued Contributor

Congrats. Not sure you will see much of a bump with that many lates still reporting. Are they all 30 day or more? How long till they fall?

Started Rebuild 4/2018: EX 616| TU 604| EQ 621

Current 5/28/20:

First Goal Score: 750+ Reached 3/2019

Next Goal all over 800
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dynamicvb wrote:

Congrats. Not sure you will see much of a bump with that many lates still reporting. Are they all 30 day or more? How long till they fall?

There are 9 in a row from 2016, which was a bad year for me. then another streak from Oct 2017 to Feb 2018, so they aren't going away anytime soon. That account shows across all three CRAs, though, so I would think my EX would jump up to around the same score as my EQ & TU, since they are all equal now. We'll see, hopefully next week, when this should update.

Message 5 of 10
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats on ridding yourself from the collections. Good luck on the GW train to rid the lates.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE: So my Experian updated today. The last collection is gone, yet my score only moved up 10 points. Taking a deeper look as to what is different on the EX report from TU or EQ, my 2 old mortgage accounts are still showing on EX. They are due to fall off in September, but I will ask for EE in June. One still shows on EQ.

The other thing I noticed is that EX STILL does not show the 2 AU accounts I am on, where TU & EQ do. I'm wondering if that is really making a 40 pt score difference? Does anyone have any AU accounts that report on their EX reports? Asking for a friend... Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

UPDATE: So my Experian updated today. The last collection is gone, yet my score only moved up 10 points. Taking a deeper look as to what is different on the EX report from TU or EQ, my 2 old mortgage accounts are still showing on EX. They are due to fall off in September, but I will ask for EE in June. One still shows on EQ.

The other thing I noticed is that EX STILL does not show the 2 AU accounts I am on, where TU & EQ do. I'm wondering if that is really making a 40 pt score difference? Does anyone have any AU accounts that report on their EX reports? Asking for a friend... Smiley Wink

If those mortgage accounts are closed in good standing leave them alone if they were FCs then ask for the EE

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

They were included in my 9/12 BK. No payment info except for the last month showing negative....

Message 9 of 10
LakeLife
Established Contributor

Congrats on all the hard work!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.