cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last collection paid!

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Established Contributor

Last collection paid!

I finally got the LAST collection paid off from my Experian report! That will leave me with 0 collections across all three CRAs, & only one account (Cap 1) with 16 lates on it. Looking to see how much my EX score jumps up to- theoretically I would assume it would fall in line more or less with my TU & EQ scores, now that all the reporting info is basically the same, no?

Starting Score: Nov 3, 2018: EX 597 TU 599 EQ 616
Current Score: October 1, 2019: EX 665 TU 688 EQ 675
Goal Score: Dec 31, 2019: EX 700 TU 700 EQ 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

9 REPLIES 9
Valued Contributor

Re: Last collection paid!

I’d think so. Here’s hoping you can clean up the lates on CapOne and see your scores go through the roof!

Rose Gold NPSL | BCP | Delta Gold | Hilton Surpass | Hilton Honors | IT Cash | IT Chrome | Quicksilver | Target | VS | Home Depot | Lowes | Firestone | Wayfair | Overstock | Kohl’s

5/24, 1/24, 76445/24, who cares #HappyWithAmex

Entering the garden 5/27/2019, staying until 2020
(Lol so much for that grand plan...)
Message 2 of 10
Established Contributor

@ImTheDevil wrote:
I’d think so. Here’s hoping you can clean up the lates on CapOne and see your scores go through the roof!

Yeah, I keep making on time payments to the account, hoping to build up a long string of positive payment history before attempting any goodwill with them. This is the only reason why I haven't just paid it off.

Right now my main focus is going to be getting the DW's scores up enough so we can buy a house. Her FICO 8 scores are only about 40 pts behind mine, but her mortgage scores are about 100 pts less! =(

Message 3 of 10
Established Contributor

Congrats. Not sure you will see much of a bump with that many lates still reporting. Are they all 30 day or more? How long till they fall?

Started Rebuild 4/2018: EX 616| TU 604| EQ 621

Current 10/12/19:

First Goal Score: 750+ Reached 3/2019

Next Goal all over 800
Message 4 of 10
Established Contributor

@dynamicvb wrote:

Congrats. Not sure you will see much of a bump with that many lates still reporting. Are they all 30 day or more? How long till they fall?

There are 9 in a row from 2016, which was a bad year for me. then another streak from Oct 2017 to Feb 2018, so they aren't going away anytime soon. That account shows across all three CRAs, though, so I would think my EX would jump up to around the same score as my EQ & TU, since they are all equal now. We'll see, hopefully next week, when this should update.

Message 5 of 10
Senior Contributor

Congrats on ridding yourself from the collections. Good luck on the GW train to rid the lates.

My posts are JMHO. I DO NOT claim to be a FICO expert. Just sharing my experiences from rebuild to recovery after BK DC. My siggy is not to brag at all. Just to show fellow members what can be accomplished when you do it right and play the FICO Credit Game.
Message 6 of 10
Established Contributor

UPDATE: So my Experian updated today. The last collection is gone, yet my score only moved up 10 points. Taking a deeper look as to what is different on the EX report from TU or EQ, my 2 old mortgage accounts are still showing on EX. They are due to fall off in September, but I will ask for EE in June. One still shows on EQ.

The other thing I noticed is that EX STILL does not show the 2 AU accounts I am on, where TU & EQ do. I'm wondering if that is really making a 40 pt score difference? Does anyone have any AU accounts that report on their EX reports? Asking for a friend... Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 10

@ScooterMcDoodlebutt wrote:

UPDATE: So my Experian updated today. The last collection is gone, yet my score only moved up 10 points. Taking a deeper look as to what is different on the EX report from TU or EQ, my 2 old mortgage accounts are still showing on EX. They are due to fall off in September, but I will ask for EE in June. One still shows on EQ.

The other thing I noticed is that EX STILL does not show the 2 AU accounts I am on, where TU & EQ do. I'm wondering if that is really making a 40 pt score difference? Does anyone have any AU accounts that report on their EX reports? Asking for a friend... Smiley Wink

If those mortgage accounts are closed in good standing leave them alone if they were FCs then ask for the EE

"If there's a lack of money in your life, understand that feeling worried, envious, jealous, disappointed, discouraged, doubtful or fearful about money can never bring more money to you, because those feelings come from a lack of gratitude for the money you have."

"Reactions are powerful creators because they contain every element needed to manifest—they're a combination of thought, belief, and feeling in action. Positive reactions create more positive things, and negative reactions create more negative things. If you can respond to negative situations calmly and lightly, instead of with emotional turbulence, what happens next in your life will be so much better."

- Rhonda Byrne

Message 8 of 10
Established Contributor

They were included in my 9/12 BK. No payment info except for the last month showing negative....

Message 9 of 10
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on all the hard work!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.