Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last collections

tag
Superk88
Regular Contributor

Last collections

So last week we did a debt consolidation loan to pay off all charge off accounts and collections. Been paying people over last few days.

I had quite a few charge offs but only 2 collections.

1 agreed to pay for delete..no issue.

2nd will not pay for delete...there from cox communications. Wayward is the debt collector. Should I try to contact cox or should I just pay it and move on?

7 REPLIES 7
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Last collections

Keep trying with Cox. But be sure they recall the debt BEFORE paying if you can get them to agree to recall it.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I've said for yrs. Go to a store in person, face to face, and make the offer to PFD right there. Recall the CA. They may call corp and end it there. It has worked before with cell providers. Dont know until you try. Good Luck!

Message 3 of 8
Superk88
Regular Contributor

I cant go to the store were out of state.

I paif them..they didnt recall debt first but i have it via email that they will recall and remove it from credit

Message 4 of 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Who Cox?

Message 5 of 8
Superk88
Regular Contributor

Yes from cox communications

Message 6 of 8
twanswife916
Contributor

You shouldn't have paid any of them smh... You owe the OC not the collection agencies. Also those Charges Off accounts were reported on the OC taxes as a lose which means they were suppose to send you a 1099C.

BK7 Discharge 7/2014
BK13 Filed 06/2019 Gardening til 2023 Fico 8 Aug'22 EQ: 568 EX: 608 TU: 567 Goal: 680 AAOA: 42mo INQ: 9
Message 7 of 8
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@twanswife916 wrote:

You shouldn't have paid any of them smh... You owe the OC not the collection agencies. Also those Charges Off accounts were reported on the OC taxes as a lose which means they were suppose to send you a 1099C.

Nope, charge off doesn't mean they forgave and erased the debt. It's merely an accounting measure moving the debt from accounts receivable to bad debt. It's still owed unless they specifically said they're forgiving it (i.e. when settling for less than full balance,  they forgive any remaiming balance after the settlement amount is deducted. Only THEN is a 1099-C issued).

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.