cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late Credit Card Payment Question

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Regular Contributor

Late Credit Card Payment Question

My wife paid her credit card off which was just over $16k. We knew there would be interest to pay still but wasn't sure on the amount so we just waited until the next month to factor it. Well the interest owed was $159 which was due on the 9th of this month. For some reason it showed the minimum payment as the full $159 and my wife only paid $50 of it. I have no idea why she did that but now it's showing her account as past due. Again, the payment was due in full on the 9th so my question is if she pays the rest before it's 30 days late will they not report it or is she gonna take a hit on her credit report? It's Bank of America. Thanks everyone!

MASSIVE OVERHALL (11) MONTHS IN

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Contributor

Re: Late Credit Card Payment Question

Pay the remainder now or before 09/09. That would be 30 days late.

My posts are JMHO. My siggy is not to brag at all. Just sharing my experiences after learning here from rebuild to recovery after BK DC at 540's. And to show fellow members what can be accomplished when you do it right and play the FICO Credit Game. Pay it Forward!
Message 2 of 3
Valued Contributor

Re: Late Credit Card Payment Question

Like FireMedic said as long as she pays it before 30 days then by law they can not report it as late. 

Internally though, it might affect her in her future apps with them. 

BK7 dc in 01/2011 with FICO8 in the 500s

HPs EX 5 EQ 4 TU 1
AAoA 5y2m
UTIL 1% - 3%

$200K+ Total Limits

New cc TLs 1/6 ; 1/12 & 4/24
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.