Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late Payment, One Month Ago?

tag
Adalen
Frequent Contributor

Late Payment, One Month Ago?

I just pulled my TransUnion report here at myFICO and it's saying one of the things is hurting my score is a late payment: Your most recent late payment happened1 Month ago

But I don't have any late payments and I'm not even sure what this is referring to.  I only have one open revolving account and that is auto-paid every month.  The other open account is an NY&Co. card that was never closed on my CR but it has a $0 balance.  Other than that, I have auto-pay on one collection, another medical collection that was paid a while ago but still showing derogatory (GW'ed that and it will be deleted) and everything else is paid off or closed.

My TU score did go up but I'm sad to see it referencing a late payment where none exists.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Lois5669
Frequent Contributor

Re: Late Payment, One Month Ago?

@Adalen wrote:

I just pulled my TransUnion report here at myFICO and it's saying one of the things is hurting my score is a late payment: Your most recent late payment happened1 Month ago

But I don't have any late payments and I'm not even sure what this is referring to.  I only have one open revolving account and that is auto-paid every month.  The other open account is an NY&Co. card that was never closed on my CR but it has a $0 balance.  Other than that, I have auto-pay on one collection, another medical collection that was paid a while ago but still showing derogatory (GW'ed that and it will be deleted) and everything else is paid off or closed.

My TU score did go up but I'm sad to see it referencing a late payment where none exists.

Just throwing this out there - perhaps in the way the CA is reporting with you making payments. Maybe each payment on a collection is a late payment? Not sure. Hopefully someone else will have an idea.

Starting Score: EQ = 550; TU = 491(2/10/12)
Current Score: EQ = 669; TU = 674(6/20/14)
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 8
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

I agree with Lois ~ look at how that collection is reporting. CAs have been known to report collections in strange and Inaccurate ways. Is it showing as a tradeline with monthly payments or as a collection ?
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 8
Adalen
Frequent Contributor

I had the same thought but it's just showing as a collection on TransUnion.  It did update the balance from my payments last month.  The true balance is about $200 less because it updates right before my payments goes through.  Maybe it's reporting from January when I hadn't yet made a payment.. but if that were the case, it should have been reporting every month before that as well, no?

I guess I shouldn't complain if my score went up.  I just cannot wait to start GW'ing all this stuff awaaaay!

Message 4 of 8
marty56
Super Contributor

Check to make sure that the amount being paid each month for the collection is what they are reporting that you should be paying so it is not coded as paying less then you owe.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 5 of 8
Adalen
Frequent Contributor

There is no indicator for monthly payment on this account, it just updates the balance.  I suppose, if anything, it will keep me from applying for anything until August.  Hopefully I can GW it away.  But I looked at all my TL and can't see any new lates or derogs.

Message 6 of 8
Adalen
Frequent Contributor

So, I figured out what is reporting late.  When I paid down a CapOne debt through NCO, there was a $9 balance from interest that I was told I wouldn't have to pay.  It reported in January (apparently) and I disputed it in February/March and it was removed.  However, it's show as a balance/late payment for January on the CapOne TL.  Which is mildly ridiculous because the account was turned over to NCO and stopped reporting in September 2010...?!

Message 7 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Good to see that it was not attributed to any payments related to the collection.

You dont have an account agreement with a debt collector, and thus cant be "late" in payment.

Debt collectors do not even have reporting codes for monthly delinquencies.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.