Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late Payments galore

tag
collics
Established Contributor

Late Payments galore

Upon my BK being deleted from TU and only getting an 8 point bump, I finally realized approaching year 8 post BK, it's no longer effecting the score as much as I always thought. 

Utilization isn't the lowest, but not super high either at 19%. I'm sure getting it under 5% will net a few more points but nothing too major.

So that leaves the late payments....yikes. I've tried Goodwills to no avail. I'm fine waiting them out. But man....I was really going through it 2016-2018. :-/

2023 is gonna be a decent year. The a few CO accounts are removed from my report that year, as well as a handful of lates on the open accounts. 

CREDIT-13.jpg

BK 7 Discharged May 2014. Removal Feb 2024! Let the countdown begin!!
Last App: Apr 2023
Newest to Oldest:

FICO8s Dec 2019

FICO8s Oct 31 2023
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Late Payments galore

Well its the late payments that is still keeping your Fico depressed. In 2015 when I lost my BK with a clean file after it dropped, I went 739-805 Fico 8. I would try GW requests on the lates or request outright removal of the TL

Message 2 of 4
collics
Established Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

Well its the late payments that is still keeping your Fico depressed. In 2015 when I lost my BK with a clean file after it dropped, I went 739-805 Fico 8. I would try GW requests on the lates or request outright removal of the TL

Yeah I know the lates are the reason. I didn't realize they added up to so many. It's over 60. That's the downside of having so many cards/tradelines, when there comes a time when something happens and we're unable to pay it can result and an insane # of lates. 

BK 7 Discharged May 2014. Removal Feb 2024! Let the countdown begin!!
Last App: Apr 2023
Newest to Oldest:

FICO8s Dec 2019

FICO8s Oct 31 2023
Message 3 of 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

As these age.  Start a savings account and pay yourself 10% of your pay into a savings account. You'd be surprised how fast it grows. So in the future this wont have to happen again. It works. I did this after BK and its nice to have a back up plan just in case I cant make a payment.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.