Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late payment deletion question

tag
haleyjen
Regular Contributor

Late payment deletion question

I'm trying to get a debt consolidation loan, and to do so I can't have a 30 day late in the last 60 days - I haven't had one for a year, and then one creditor reported one in December which was incorrect.  I sent them the proof, and they agreed I was correct and agreed to delete it.  It's off two credit bureaus, but still showing on the one I need (experian).  They sent it on 3/10, any idea how long this will take?

BOA Cash Rewards - $500 Capital One Quicksilver: $750 Merrick Double Your Line Visa.- $1000 Mission Lane: $400 Grain: $875 J Crew: $1100
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Late payment deletion question

@haleyjen wrote:

I'm trying to get a debt consolidation loan, and to do so I can't have a 30 day late in the last 60 days - I haven't had one for a year, and then one creditor reported one in December which was incorrect.  I sent them the proof, and they agreed I was correct and agreed to delete it.  It's off two credit bureaus, but still showing on the one I need (experian).  They sent it on 3/10, any idea how long this will take?

It can take up to 2 weeks depending on how it was reported.

Message 2 of 6
haleyjen
Regular Contributor

Ok, thank you.  Is it worth calling if it goes longer than that?

BOA Cash Rewards - $500 Capital One Quicksilver: $750 Merrick Double Your Line Visa.- $1000 Mission Lane: $400 Grain: $875 J Crew: $1100
Message 3 of 6
haleyjen
Regular Contributor

It's been over two weeks - should I call experian?  

Message 4 of 6
donkort
Valued Contributor

That might not be a bad idea.  Nothing to lose by calling.

FICO 8: EQ 810; TU 816; EX 822 as of 7/5/2022
Message 5 of 6
haleyjen
Regular Contributor

Will do.  Also spoke with creditor and they said they'll resubmit deletion.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.