cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late payment question

tag
ayuaxl1

Late payment question

Hi! Hoping someone can help me with this. I just purchased my 3B Report and it says my mortgage scores are 670/683/688. My issue is that it's saying I had a recent 30-day late in Oct 2016 from Capital One. I called Capital One before my payment due date back in Oct and asked the Customer Rep would I be reported as 30 day late if I paid after my due date and I was told and I quote "No Capital One only reports to credit bureaus if you are 60-days late or more." My bill is due the 9th each month, I missed my Sept 9th payment and paid $25 on 10/10, $100 on 10/14 and $800 on 10/31. So I made 3 payments before the November 9th due date. I would like to call Capital One and try and get this late deleted because I will be going for pre approval within the next 4 months. What do you think my chances are getting this deleted? Has anyone else experienced this? Also if I call to get deleted this is not the same thing as a dispute right because I think I remember you should not have any disputes when going for approval? Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated!
2 REPLIES 2
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Late payment question

@ayuaxl1 wrote:
Hi! Hoping someone can help me with this. I just purchased my 3B Report and it says my mortgage scores are 670/683/688. My issue is that it's saying I had a recent 30-day late in Oct 2016 from Capital One. I called Capital One before my payment due date back in Oct and asked the Customer Rep would I be reported as 30 day late if I paid after my due date and I was told and I quote "No Capital One only reports to credit bureaus if you are 60-days late or more." My bill is due the 9th each month, I missed my Sept 9th payment and paid $25 on 10/10, $100 on 10/14 and $800 on 10/31. So I made 3 payments before the November 9th due date. I would like to call Capital One and try and get this late deleted because I will be going for pre approval within the next 4 months. What do you think my chances are getting this deleted? Has anyone else experienced this? Also if I call to get deleted this is not the same thing as a dispute right because I think I remember you should not have any disputes when going for approval? Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Requested this be moved to RYC, but I think you're stuck: the CSR almost assuredly was mistaken (if I had a even a penny for every "my CSR said..." story I've read over the years) and if you were due on 9/9, and you made no payment till 10/10, you are 30+ days late legitimately.

I'd certainly be asking for all it's worth but yuck.

        
Message 2 of 3
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Late payment question

moved to RYC so OP can get more answers.

As an aside, I agree 100% with Revelate's answer. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.