Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late payment question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Late payment question

I have 2 late payments showing on my reports. I know they stay for 7 years. They’re both 3-4 years old now. Both accounts were closed by creditor but have been paid for a few years itself. I’m now looking into the derog/CO/lates threads I can find online.

Is this something I can have them take off my report as they’ve been off for sometime now and I do have new accounts with those companies again. (Cap one /amazon prime visa)

Reports:
669-680 ficos across the board
5 credit cards and one auto loan (26% UTIL total)
no LATES/DEROG or anything else bad on my reports in 3-4 years.

If these can get taken off I’m sure I would see a score bump?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Late payment question

If they are 30 or 60 Day lates, they aren't doing much damage to your score at this point. If any are 90 Day or more late, they'll still be hurting your score by 50-80 points.

Your best course of action would be a GW letter campaign stating that you've been on time ever since and would they pleeeeeease remove the lates? Good luck!

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

According to my Experian file. I have 4 total. 2 are 30+ and the other 2 are in the 60+. It I’m looking correctly each have a 120-150 late range
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's not the range that matters. It's the actual number assigned to each Late. So your worst Late is 60 Days.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. Turns out that the way I was looking at it was 2 accounts late total. I looked deeper into my free report and I have 11 lates between the two accounts which are all 3-4 years old and haven’t been late since.
Message 5 of 9
cyrusvalentino
Frequent Contributor

+1 to attempt to remove the late payments through GW letters, I had success with Capital One, Credit One, and other creditors. The fact you have new accounts with these creditors in good standing should help, and be referenced in your GW letters.

Starting Score (12/01/2021):

Current Score (03/01/2022):

Goal Score (01/01/2023):

Other Stats:

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I already emailed the eo office of cap one Friday but haven’t heard or seen anything yet. I’ll be mailing a letter or two out this week. Synchrony I have heard people not getting through to them
Message 7 of 9
cyrusvalentino
Frequent Contributor

I emailed the CEO of Syncrony Bank got a confirmation email from the Presidents office, they said I’d get a letter within 7-10 days if I didn’t get a call in 2 business days. Will let you know if I have any success with them.

Starting Score (12/01/2021):

Current Score (03/01/2022):

Goal Score (01/01/2023):

Other Stats:

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes please let me know if you do. If I can get all 11 lates off my score should bounce up!
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.