Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late payments

tag
martypav7
Contributor

Late payments

Hi everyone!
Unfortunately im back here again, last year worked hard to get my credit clean which i did but now im again in trouble. Past two months i had worst time of my life, lost my grandma nd three weeks after my mother in law. I have missed some payments on credit cards and took big hit on credit scores. Whats my best bet to quickly remove them? I tried to call Capital One but got big no.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Late payments

Sorry to hear about your losses, you have my condolences. I don't know about removing them quickly, I think the only thing that happens quickly in the credit game is the destruction part.

I'd start a goodwill campaign. Snail mail, email and phone calls explaining your situation. It may take some time but, it should pay off in the end. Again I'm truly sorry for your losses. I wish you the best.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also sorry to hear about your losses. 

There's likely no quick and easy fix.  You said that you worked hard to clean up your credit in the past; you're going to have to do the same thing here.  Fortunately having been through it once already you know sort of what to expect.  I agree that starting a GW letter campaign is the best way to go.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for your losses...

It's a tough game. We can ruin our credit in 30 days but it takes years to correct it.

As others have said, start GW campaigns and tell them your circumstances. Hopefully the right person will get them and have empathy.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.