Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legally paid in full for less than full balance

tag
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Legally paid in full for less than full balance

@CreditSage wrote:

I don't quite follow your advice regarding not disputing it but sending GW letters... 

Is sending GW letters considered a dispute?  They all say Paid for less than full balance generally speaking (semantics). Should I be sending GW to all of them? Please elaborate on this.  

A GW letter is not a dispute though some creditors take it as a dispute and update their TL to indicate its being disputed when in fact that is not what you are doing. All I was saying is be careful even with a GW letter, make sure you say its not a dispute but a request to have the TL removed or an individual late in an otherwise good account.

GW letters always go to whatever entity is reporting on your CR. If there is an OC and a CA on the same account then you would send a GW letter to both.

Message 11 of 14
CreditSage
Regular Contributor

Yes they were charged off and I eventually settled them. I just wasn't sure if the prescence of 30,60,90 etc was also hampering my scores. I think this was answered in that the CO is the elephant.

Current Open: NFCU AMEX $6,800 CL | Chase Freedom $3,800 CL | QS1 $1,300 CL | BankAmericard $24,000 CL (AU) | NFCU SSL $3,000 |
FICO 8 EXP, EQ, TU: 675-715 (depending on Utl.) | AAoA 3 Years 3 Months | AoYA 0 Months

Closed: American Honda Finance Installment $16,000 paid satisfactorily | Capital One Secured $700 paid satisfactorily | Wells Fargo credit card $3,000 paid charge off settled less than full amount (badie 2015) | Bank of America credit card $1,000 paid charge off settled less than full amount (badie 2015)
Message 12 of 14
CreditSage
Regular Contributor

Got it, thanks. From what I know BoA and Wells Fargo are about the hardest to get GW success with there is. Do you have any idea how much this could be holding back my score? 

Current Open: NFCU AMEX $6,800 CL | Chase Freedom $3,800 CL | QS1 $1,300 CL | BankAmericard $24,000 CL (AU) | NFCU SSL $3,000 |
FICO 8 EXP, EQ, TU: 675-715 (depending on Utl.) | AAoA 3 Years 3 Months | AoYA 0 Months

Closed: American Honda Finance Installment $16,000 paid satisfactorily | Capital One Secured $700 paid satisfactorily | Wells Fargo credit card $3,000 paid charge off settled less than full amount (badie 2015) | Bank of America credit card $1,000 paid charge off settled less than full amount (badie 2015)
Message 13 of 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditSage wrote:

Got it, thanks. From what I know BoA and Wells Fargo are about the hardest to get GW success with there is. Do you have any idea how much this could be holding back my score? 

The presence of a CO can be substantial depending on ones overall profile, as it ages back in time the hit is lessened but its likely to cause you to max out around 750 until your file becomes clean.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.