cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lenghty Equifax file and possible split file?

tag
ljspeed

Lenghty Equifax file and possible split file?

My last EQ FICO pull was 616 two weeks ago.  My initial goal is over 700 but just to relay progress, my wife is over 700 now and her EQ file is clean.. FINALLY!  Mine is still a work in progress so I decided to try and sign up for one of their products to make viewing easier.  Well to make a long story short I went all the way to India and back to find out why my order attempts kept failing.  Well someone in GA or maybe it was CSC (since im in TX) let me know that my file was way too long after being xfred a ton of times.  Alot of soft inquires, disputes, yada yada.  So after a lecture on pulling each day and what not I asked her my main question "So I can't order your product because of this?"  She said "NO" and If I keep going this way I may be possibly looking at a split file?  WTH!!?  I searched here but found more things on google about split files and lenghty EQ files.  I wanted to still ask on this board if anyone knows of a particular dept at Equifax or CSC to do something about this?  I did read something about combining or archiving old stuff so you could start doing pulls again.  My wife on her file had to file a complaint to the CFPB and then a CSC paralegal worked with her to delete her items.  Im thinking of contacting that lady but im unsure because this may not be the type of stuff she handles. 

Any help/advice would be great.  Thanks.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Re: Lenghty Equifax file and possible split file?

I dont remember but if Illecs will chime in I believe he is knowlegable about this maybe PM him

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 2 of 8
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

This is part of the problem that I explain to people who are trying to do bumpage.  It just causes way to many problems.  I'm not saying this is what you were doing, but this is about the same thing that happens.

They should not leave you hanging without resolving this issue.  The CSR should have transferred you to someone who will fix it for you.  Split files can be put back together, it just takes some work.

You should contact them again and request that they fix it, ask for a supervisor if needed.  If they refuse, ask for special handling department.  Then if not resolved, I'd file the complaint.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 8
electra
Established Contributor

What's bumpage?

Message 4 of 8
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Bumpage is a process of trying to remove HPs.  Some other forums talk about it, but this is a dangerous road and causes many problems.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 5 of 8
Mondavi
Regular Contributor

My file is in the exact same situation. They removed 9 positive trade lines in one day from me. 11 different CS reps told me they do not remove positive trade lines and it was the credit grantor's that did it. Yeah right. I called the executive offices last month and left a message and all nine TL's were put back on in two days. Well fast forward to yesterday and they were all gone again!!!!

Well turns out the my file space is all but gone. So even one inquiry will remove them all again. They were only able to put  five back on. They said they could not put the other four back on because there was no room. I asked her what am I supposed to do never pull my file again? She basically said yes or until some of my soft inquires fall off. She said they removed all the inquires that they could.

I checked through their dispute process a lot to see if negatives were removed and to see if my positive trade lines were still there. I was not trying to use the B* like a lot of people do to remove hard inquires either. I only have two hards anyways. I just wish they would state somewhere that if you get to many soft pulls, that you can end up having many positive accounts removed!

I am going to call them back in June and see if there is room for the other four before I try and buy a home. Oh and having the 9 removed cost me 29 points. It just destroyed my AAoA. I wish I could check my score now with at least five of them put back on today to see how many points I got back. Though I can not check because it will remove my accounts!!!!!!!!!

Message 6 of 8
ljspeed

Hey Shogun. Yep definitely wasn't doing bumpage on this one. I thought since EQ has "limited space" problems that's why you cant try to bump with them. I will call and speak to a supv tomorrow and verify if my file is split or not. Just ridiculous that I am actually wanting to use their product (even though my plans were to do a free trial and cancel) and cant because of a long file that they should be smarter on managing. I understand soft inquires should show for us but some should disappear if space is the issue.
Message 7 of 8
ljspeed

I am with u on that. I think I only have one inquiry that may be affecting my score per myfico. I have a feeling my file isn't split yet but pretty close. So we will see what they say tomorrow. I haven't talked to that many reps like you, maybe a little more than half of the people u have talked to. A lot of it is lectures but ur right if u check a dispute that counts towards ur file size. Or it seems like it does which is stupid IMO.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.