Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let the games begin....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let the games begin....

Hi everyone.  I have been reading and learning on this site about 2 weeks now.  I figured it was time to jump in and start my rebuild.  I know it wont be a quick and easy process but from what i have read on here, its not as much a black hole as i had once thought.  Thanks to all the great posts i have read, i'm starting to work on my baddies and despite my low score, i have already been approved for both a cap1 and discover secured card. (avoided cc's for almost a decade cuz of my first ever cc that was sub-prime but i didnt know any better then)   i figured being secured no one got rejected, but i have been seeing posts on here and some friends that tried after i did and didnt get it.   i currently have an fha (before my cs went bottoms up due to emp/med reasons), so i'm not really needing that, just want to get my score/report fixed so that if i need something down the road i can get it easier.  

2 cards in, and 9 baddies(one synchrony/belk CO) to go.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Re: Let the games begin....

You will get there just stay focused and remain patient is the main thing . This credit journey Is not a sprint but more of a marathon
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can do it just as others have...keep the pace and before you know it...you'll be lookin' good...good luck on your journey!!

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.  now i just have to research, and work on removing the bad stuff asap.   I'm learning alot from reading this forum and hoping some GW letter and Hipaa things will work out.

Message 4 of 17
Abelcrdn
Regular Contributor

You can do it !!! We all started somewhere, i was in your shoes 14 months ago. Now sitting with scores accross 750 and all three CRA!!

Just know its slow and steady! Make this time count !!

12/23 Fico Score 8 TU-761 EX -747 EQ-734
Message 5 of 17
sarge12
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi everyone.  I have been reading and learning on this site about 2 weeks now.  I figured it was time to jump in and start my rebuild.  I know it wont be a quick and easy process but from what i have read on here, its not as much a black hole as i had once thought.  Thanks to all the great posts i have read, i'm starting to work on my baddies and despite my low score, i have already been approved for both a cap1 and discover secured card. (avoided cc's for almost a decade cuz of my first ever cc that was sub-prime but i didnt know any better then)   i figured being secured no one got rejected, but i have been seeing posts on here and some friends that tried after i did and didnt get it.   i currently have an fha (before my cs went bottoms up due to emp/med reasons), so i'm not really needing that, just want to get my score/report fixed so that if i need something down the road i can get it easier.  

2 cards in, and 9 baddies(one synchrony/belk CO) to go.

Having filed both ch13 and ch7 bk in my life time I can state for a fact...Anyone can get into the 800+ club across the board...let your mistakes of the past, stay in your past. You, and you alone are in control of your future. You can do this, and there is lots of room in the 800 club.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

so i still have a long way to go, and plenty to learn, but i am curious from your siggy...  how do you keep track of that many cards?   must be a superpower i have yet to acquire.

Message 7 of 17
MrTom
Frequent Contributor

Mind sharing your baddies? Alot of us may have tips.

Starting Score: May 23, 2016 EQ 537 TU 518 EX 548
Recent Scores: EQ 839 TU 824 EX 821
Goal Score: 840
Current Vantage 3.0: 808
Mortgage Scores August 18 2017: EQ5 684 TU4 692 EX2 690
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is the list of baddies.     these are the collections mostly medical, so i have to read and learn the hipaa process for those.  and i have the one synchrony CO that has been turned over to portfolio for 848 according to synchrony.  The some i have to DV and DD, but i have a low income so just to PIF will take time to save for it.

COLLECTIONS

WAKEFIELD AND ASSOCIATES

Message 9 of 17
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

What are the DOFD on those accounts?  The opening dates are old so they may be close to falling off.  That could help you with accomplishing PFD's.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.