Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Letter to delete the tradeline?

tag
House2021
Established Contributor

Letter to delete the tradeline?

So I contacted Target because they updated my account with just the settlement amount I paid of $350 but says I still owe $900 I asked for them to correct it, the rep said I have to wait a month, while on the call I asked for a goodwill deletion, eh said what he could do is send a letter showing it's a zero balance. I told him wouldn't that just change the amount owed to zero? He said that if I submit that letter with the dispute and ask for it to be removed, they will remove the account in entirety and it'll be as though I never ever had a target account. I was skeptical and he assured me he has done this himself, the whole tradeline will be deleted. Is this really true? Is it because Target just won't bother validating anything and it'll fall off? If so, are there other companies like this?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Letter to delete the tradeline?

@House2021 wrote:

So I contacted Target because they updated my account with just the settlement amount I paid of $350 but says I still owe $900 I asked for them to correct it, the rep said I have to wait a month, while on the call I asked for a goodwill deletion, eh said what he could do is send a letter showing it's a zero balance. I told him wouldn't that just change the amount owed to zero? He said that if I submit that letter with the dispute and ask for it to be removed, they will remove the account in entirety and it'll be as though I never ever had a target account. I was skeptical and he assured me he has done this himself, the whole tradeline will be deleted. Is this really true? Is it because Target just won't bother validating anything and it'll fall off? If so, are there other companies like this?

Yes TLs are updated with the payment amount then updated to zero the following reporting period. As far as a request for removal of the TL that would need to be accomplished through a goodwill request.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.