Eq- 574
Ex- 629
Tu- 612
Cap 1 Secured ($49 Dep - 200 Limit) Reporting since Nov 2013
Message 31 of 39
ChangeIsPossible
Contributor

Re: Lexington Law -- My Story

I thought about using them, but have heard and saw mixed reviews from others. 

I feel I was able to accomplish more on my own and disputing (when I had a valid reason too)

Starting Score: 467 (Dec '13)
Current Score: 670 (Jul '14)
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 32 of 39
StrawberryIce
Regular Contributor

I'm going on a being with LL for a month and a half now.  They had removed one negative.  Today I got an email from Transunion that four negatives had been removed.

Discharged BK7 2013.
NFCU Flagship 16000, NFCU NRewards 16000, NFCU LOC 15000, QuikSilver 1250, JCrew 5050, Pottery Barn 8170, Walmart 3500, Amazon 3500, Lowes 5000, Kays 4000, PayPal 2000, QVC 2000, Sams Club 5000, Evine 1000, CareCredit 1100, Best Buy Visa 500, HHGregg 1500, Banana Republic 300

Message 33 of 39
GBguy
New Contributor

I hired LL yesterday. I have done about all that I could do on my own and thought id give them a shot. I recently got 4 collection accounts removed through the dispute process on the websites, and thought id give them a shot for a few months to see if they can get anything else removed. I have 2paid judgements on my TU report I wanted to see if they could get removed. If the r e is no progress within 90 days I will can them.
Chapter 7 Discharge 9/2013
FICO scores as of 1.27.14
Eq- 574
Ex- 629
Tu- 612
Cap 1 Secured ($49 Dep - 200 Limit) Reporting since Nov 2013
Message 34 of 39
trentm

I signed up with Lexington Law 6 months ago....

I have 1 CHARGE OFF WITH CAPITAL ONE AND THATS IT.

Of the 6 months I have 5 of there letters in my hands that bounced because they sent to the wrong address. Every month I told them there address was incorrect and I would keep getting a bounce back letter from the post office. Each of the letters were the SAME and I kept paying month after month after month given the story that they fixed the address problem. They wouldn't turn around and send out a letter for the bounce that I had to wait another month because there policy dictates that only one letter per month can be set. I finaily got upset with them and asked them to refund me for the 4 months because they didn't achieve anything on my behalf. THE REFUSED. THEY GAVE ME THE RUN AROUND.

I told them... If you bring your car into to get your tire repair and I take your car to the back and just have the guys put some air in the tire and not actually fix the tire.. you would be in the next day mad... What if I do it to you 6 more times you would be upset and angry and demanding your money back. That is how this company professionaly opperates they don't claim to be liable  or responsible and the employees will show you no mercy and just claim they can't help you any longer.

When I cancled I requested that they show me what they have sent out to the buerues because I had yet to receive anything from them.. they sent me transcrips showing that on my 6th month they actually sent 3 dispute letters to transuinion, equifax, and experian. THATS IT!!!!!

They LIE AND THEY ACTUALLY DO AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE FOR YOU..

DO NOT USE THEM! I spent over 500 dolalrs and nothing was achieved or even professionaly handled by them.

However they had great internet support and phone support.

I got mad and called the attorney listed for my account and he said he had no knowlege of my account that I needed to work with my paralegal and that they just pay him to use his name other than that he had nothing to do with anything for them. 

Message 35 of 39
nycfico
Regular Contributor

I've gone back and forth on Lexington Law...but I will say, they have removed 16 derogatories, some of them major, in about 6 months.  Yes, I know I could do the same thing on my own as they do, but I'm working a lot and getting those 16 removed was worth the $600 I paid them.

I have since downgraded and am only doing the $60 a month package, which means they only target the CRA's.  I will send goodwill letters direclty to my creditors.  Yes, it's still real money every month but they claiim to be able to send different types of letters repeatedly to the CRA's...something that I wouldn't have known how to do.

The derog's I have left are with difficult to remove banks...BOA and PNC.  so we'll see.

Message 36 of 39
edcb
Contributor

I used them in my very early journey.  My reports were a DISASTER.

They did a really good job for 3-4 months removing the "low hanging fruit."  In the meantime I started researching and educating myself.  By the time they had removed roughly 2/3 of my HOT FREAKING MESS (I mean, we are talking in excess of a 15over the span off six-ish months) their progress had slowed and I let them go.  I took over and started fighting the serious baddies, doing some PFD, dealing with a few SERIOUS identity theft issues, etc.

I don't regret my decision

In the garden until October 2015!

Journey began 12/13
My wallet: Cap1 Journey (12/13) $4,800 - Cap1 QS (3/14) $1,500 - Chase Freedom (5/14) $3,000 - Chase CSP (12/14) $8,000

Closed on my primary home and income property in December 2014!
Message 37 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

I joined LL in July 2014 and I have to say for me it was a good decision. Why ?

By December of 2014 I had 22 removals of derogatory marks on all three credit reports removed and NOW  IN Feb it has slowed down to 4 more removals. for a total of 26 removals with 65 percent of my credit repaired and only a split of 11 bad marks remaning on my credit with the most recent removal being  WELLS FARGO which was a settlement accepted debt but still was 120 days past due in terms of late. This and my Chase bank negatives at 30 days late were and are the two hardest ones to come off. I don't doubt I could have saved the money and pounded them with letters and disputes to have removed a good many of these myself but the accomplishment that they acheived is notable with me. Now if the Wells Fargo mark came off the EQ then there is a pretty good 50/50 chance it will fall of the EX and the TU as well in the next month taking the credit repair to 9 bad marks..  The remaining being Chase 30 day late because they fraudllently did not notify me of a 30 day late because of an ACH debit in their payment program that they failed to notify me needed to be re-authorized after a year to still take money from the account. Because they never notified me it went past due and in a history of never paying late period and then refuse to budge.  That and Portfolio Recovery Associates and paying a charge off of 270 dollars  from JCPenney which brought it to zero and closed the account. I got it contact with who they sold the debt to and paid them in full and in repayment they put the negative ,mark on my credit though though they bargained with me to remove it if I paid. Next time get it writing otherwise they are  LYING  to you. The lack of ethics in debt collection and the lengths to climb back to a credit score over 700 again is astounding because many profits to keep you below that level because it limits you and the interest they charge you makes them FAR MORE MONEY. 

Message 38 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is my 3rd month with them.  So far 7 removals.  My quest actual started in April. 

Trans Union:

9 Collection

5 Charge Offs

1 Tax Lein

Equafax

4 Collection

3 Charge Offs

1 Tax Lein

Experian

7 Collection

5 Charge Offs

1 Tax Lein

April and May I attacked on my own:

Combined Removals

-9 Collections out of 20

-1 Charge Offs out of 12

-3 Tax Lein out of 3

Lexington Law Report Card

Combined Removals:

-2 Collections out of 13 remaining

-2 Charge Offs out of 11 remaining

Questionable Lexington Law Removals

-3 Collections (Questionable becuase I have been battling with Collection Companies for months to removing bad accounts on their part)

The 2 charge Offs where scheduled to fall off in less than 6 months and one of the collections were also going to fall off... So what they got was VERY low hanging friut for $260. 

Credit reports are now all unified with all have the same 5 bad marks (Combined 15), with 3 more fallin off by year end.  Side note... Lexington Law did try to attack the 4 remaining... I took a 30-40 point hit becuase accounts that where sitting for the past 5 years with no activity... now has a new activity becuase of the disputes.  

So I am going to fire them and wait out the remain 2 years.  Oh yeah... It isn't a miricale to remove.  Basically pay 'em off and most collections companies don't care to respond to disputes.

On a poistive note: Past 6 months have refianced car from 16% to 7%... New cards in wallet Cap 1 Secured Classic ($300 you have to start somewhere) Cap 1 Quicksliver ($4k) Cap 1 PlayStation ($1.5k) BofA MasterCard ($2.2k) USAA AMEX ($1.5) Done all since April of this year!!!  FICO score across board is 620-630 (was in the mid 600's before Lexington)...I am happy so far... 2 years ago I got rejected for a Cap1 Secured Card.  Goal is 700 after baddies fall off...  

Message 39 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.