Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lexington Law - Results so far...

tag
Lasardo
Established Contributor

Re: Lexington Law - Results so far...

Rootpooty, ~ hope I got that right,.~ I started out with approximately the same amount of medical as your girlfriend, does she by chance have a limited income since the car accident? ~ I ask because I sent in a lot of letters to the Hospitals explaining my circumstances.. ~~patient assistance application~~~ ~ dear XYZ -~~ ~~~~~~ Since becoming ill in 2009 my income has been limited. ~ I owe appx 35-40k to others creditors also. Etc etc ~ I have most if not all of my debts excused, .. some were reduced 85%~ ~~~ ~~~ I have been absolutely amazed at what asking can do for your pocket, of course I did have to prove how much I did owe and my income but It can never hurt to ask. !!!
CS 728- 01/13 from 554-12/11
Goal: 800
Message 21 of 60
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

@Lasardo wrote:
Rootpooty, ~ hope I got that right,.~ I started out with approximately the same amount of medical as your girlfriend, does she by chance have a limited income since the car accident? ~ I ask because I sent in a lot of letters to the Hospitals explaining my circumstances.. ~~patient assistance application~~~ ~ dear XYZ -~~ ~~~~~~ Since becoming ill in 2009 my income has been limited. ~ I owe appx 35-40k to others creditors also. Etc etc ~ I have most if not all of my debts excused, .. some were reduced 85%~ ~~~ ~~~ I have been absolutely amazed at what asking can do for your pocket, of course I did have to prove how much I did owe and my income but It can never hurt to ask. !!!

yeah she has limited income. maybe works 20 hrs a week. shes been turned down alot of job oppurtunities due to the medical on her credit and no credit card company even wants to look at her. im going to look into what you mentioned thanks for the info. we are not married but we live in the same household so i wonder if they would try to look at my income.

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 22 of 60
Unoriginalnj
Regular Contributor

Anyone have experience with LL in regards to removing collection accounts? How do they handle collection accounts that have not yet been paid? Will you be forced to pay them if using LL or will LL remove them via other methods (DV, cra disputes, etc)

I'm just wondering if signing up for them will result In situations like this: we can remove this collection account, please pay $xx.xx and it will be removed.

Anyone have more insight as to how they operate?
Message 23 of 60
xthatgamerguyx
Regular Contributor

@Unoriginalnj wrote:
Anyone have experience with LL in regards to removing collection accounts? How do they handle collection accounts that have not yet been paid? Will you be forced to pay them if using LL or will LL remove them via other methods (DV, cra disputes, etc)

I'm just wondering if signing up for them will result In situations like this: we can remove this collection account, please pay $xx.xx and it will be removed.

Anyone have more insight as to how they operate?

I will tell you about my experience with a different, but very similar credit repair company. I won't mention their name, and won't bash them as I don't think they did anything wrong.

They did the usual dispute stuff for me, sent out the letters, etc.

They had some immediate successes in getting unpaid collections removed from my report.

However, during this process, they also inadvertenly updated all the collection agencies with my new address and phone number (I moved to a new address in Sept 2011).

With that being said, the collection calls and snail mail started coming in. Also the entries that were deleted, reappeared the following month.

I got fed up and started doing PFDs with a few successes and GW letters to CAs I had already paid.

Progress is slow, but I am now starting to see my efforts pay off with small score increases.

Lesson learned - everything the companies do for you, you can do yourself.

The people here have provided me with so much information and education (I've lurked here for a long time). If you have the means and want to use one of those companies then go ahead.

February 2012: 480 across the board (before I found this site and started working on my scores)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting Scores: TU FAKO: 543 (06/16/2012) EX FAKO: 547 (06/16/2012) EQ FAKO: 528 (06/16/2012)
Current Scores:TU FICO: 639 (11/20/2012) EQ FICO: 617 (11/20/2012)
TU FAKO: 606 (8/30/2012) EX FAKO: 574 (09/04/2012) EQ FAKO: 564 (09/30/2012)
Message 24 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm with Lexington as well...I thought we weren't allowed to discuss credit repair sites on here? *shurg*

Message 25 of 60
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm with Lexington as well...I thought we weren't allowed to discuss credit repair sites on here? *shurg*

Linking to certain sites such as LL and others is not allowed but talking about LL is ok. The problem starts when discussion of some of the unethical tactics used and/or recommended by other sites is posted. That is never allowed. Plus from time to time there are posters who come online who are clearly shills for LL and attempt self promotion.

One of the most popular recommendations of some sites is to "dispute everything on your reports". The forum's Credit Repair Discussion Guidelines clearly say that you should only dispute information that you truly believe to be incorrect.

You can even say the name of that "other" site but no links.

Message 26 of 60
Lasardo
Established Contributor

Rootpooty ~
I also live with bf, they never even ask his income. ~
Remember to ask for the "patient assistance program" or send your own letter, they are sure to get it to the right dept. ~
~ I understand the dr portion the hospital can not discount/forgive but I am just getting started with my letters to drs offices now. Will let you know if I get any excused.
Message 27 of 60
ElDiablo
Valued Member

Another item removed from credit reports. A 30day from OneMain financial was deleted. My EQ Fico went up 9 pts after that

Message 28 of 60
cwestwjg

My results so far two months in with Lexington are 5 deletions from  Equifax, 8 Experian, 4 Transunion and my scores have jumped from HIGH 400's/low 500's to 614 Transunion, 599 Equifax, and 589 auto enhanced Experian.. Was able to get a capital one card and a Kays card with a 1650 CL also Ford Credit preapproved me late friday for a new F-150 at 5.9% hope to finalize Monday. Got all the paperwork signed but told them I wouldn't take delivery until the deal was sealed with FMC.

Message 29 of 60
Lasardo
Established Contributor

Down to last 1 on Experian which falls off in December. Started at 27 baddies. My score is now 664 ex, 660 EQ and 724 TU (from 554) I have been offered numerous cards now , I love it.
With that said.. I still have several that could hit my credit anytime (all medical)
I am worried a lot about all this work for nothing.
Also, I paid off my car and am worried About what that will do to my credit since that is my oldest account. Does anyone know know the impact one can expect?
Message 30 of 60
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.