Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lexis Nexis

tag
lns1976
Regular Contributor

Lexis Nexis

Is there anywhere to pull a Lexis Nexis report online?  5 years ago the only place I saw them was with Insurance but I recently had a Creditor pull a LexisNexis (think it was Synchrony but I would have to check).  

I tried to pull a Lexis Nexis report already but they gave me greif and said they couldn't verify my identity (in writing) even though all addresses match all my other credit reports.

I'm getting ready to call them this morning, but I want to be able to monitor this repot like I can all other CRA's.

LexisNexis is obviously a CRA now so does anyone have information on how to pull a report online?

Thanks

Fico 8 3/27/2022 EX: 611
Vantage TU/EQ 3/26/2022: 613/613
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Cowboys4Life
Frequent Contributor

Re: Lexis Nexis

@lns1976 wrote:

Is there anywhere to pull a Lexis Nexis report online?  5 years ago the only place I saw them was with Insurance but I recently had a Creditor pull a LexisNexis (think it was Synchrony but I would have to check).  

I tried to pull a Lexis Nexis report already but they gave me greif and said they couldn't verify my identity (in writing) even though all addresses match all my other credit reports.

I'm getting ready to call them this morning, but I want to be able to monitor this repot like I can all other CRA's.

LexisNexis is obviously a CRA now so does anyone have information on how to pull a report online?

Thanks

LN is the one report that I know of you cannot pull online.  You can go to their website and download their form but you still have to mail it in and then they mail you the report.  Takes anywhere from 2-4 weeks.  

Message 2 of 8
lns1976
Regular Contributor

@Cowboys4Life You don't mail it in anymore.  You fill out the form online then they mail you.

I spoke to them on the phone this morning, supposed to be getting a letter with a URL and a pin.  But the call cut off as we were coming to an end and there phone systems are having problems now so I'm going to wait and see if I get the letter so I can print a copy.

And yeah, I have found no place that will provide "ANY" LexisNexis information.  It's like they are some secretive company that has to keep everything to themselves.

Message 3 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@lns1976 wrote:

@Cowboys4Life You don't mail it in anymore.  You fill out the form online then they mail you.

I spoke to them on the phone this morning, supposed to be getting a letter with a URL and a pin.  But the call cut off as we were coming to an end and there phone systems are having problems now so I'm going to wait and see if I get the letter so I can print a copy.

And yeah, I have found no place that will provide "ANY" LexisNexis information.  It's like they are some secretive company that has to keep everything to themselves.

LN is a massive aggregator of info. I got my report earlier this year it was 98 pages having all my info back to day one (addresses lived at, phone numbers, employers, etc) I was stunned as to what it contains... That letter coming may or may not work, the info they sent me would not work  so I called them and they then sent me the report thru the mail..

Message 4 of 8
lns1976
Regular Contributor

@gdale6 I've seen my LexisNexis years ago (don't recall how long ago, but within in the last 6 years) but I don't recall what's on it.

That being said, aren't they treated like a CRA?  I.E. 7 year limit?  I've already been getting the CRA's to remove everything, even old addresses, that are past 7 years.

Message 5 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@lns1976 wrote:

@gdale6 I've seen my LexisNexis years ago (don't recall how long ago, but within in the last 6 years) but I don't recall what's on it.

That being said, aren't they treated like a CRA?  I.E. 7 year limit?  I've already been getting the CRA's to remove everything, even old addresses, that are past 7 years.

As far as credit, yes they cant report derogs past what the law allows for them. The CFPB says they are a CRA so it entitles you to a LN report if you are denied by someone who uses it and of course you can get your annual freebie(s) as well from them.

Message 6 of 8
lns1976
Regular Contributor

@gdale6 What gets me is they are the only CRA that doesn't have an "online option" of some kind to just get access to your report.

They are used by most Insurance Companies, but are still back 10 years in allowing consumers easy access to the information compared to the other CRAs.

I just want it so I can see if they have anything different from the other three CRAs so I can clean it up if necessary.  

Working to get Auto Insurance rates down as I get my credit up as I work on my credit towards being able to obtain a low interest auto loan.

Message 7 of 8
CreditCharmer
Regular Contributor

I was able to call them, request my report.  They sent me a letter with information that allowed me to access my report online for 30 days.  Within that thirty day period, I printed it out.  

Credit is a lot like a Reputation....It takes 20 years to build it and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, and you will do things differently.

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.