Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listed Credit Scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Listed Credit Scores

For those of you who list your credit scores at the bottom of each post; I have noticed some of your scores have gone up in a matter of weeks, by the dates you list next to your credit scores.  Is this from months of keeping up w/ current accounts as well as disputing items on your credit report?  I've been on this site for a couple of days and I'm just fascinated by you all.  It's really encouraging!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Jesedmotherof5
Established Contributor

Re: Listed Credit Scores

Its a little of everything. Working with what you have by getting your balances down to 9% or less (whihc I didnt even knpw was a major factor) to DVing collections, to GW letters for lates... It can be done... some see huge jusmps witht he deletion of recent stuff and other see tiny gains... a gain is a gian and as long as we are educated on everything we work hard. For some its months and for some it could be years.  jUst dont give up!
6/9/08 FICO TU 697 EX698 EQ 618uti 6% (once new accounts hit) BIZ- DUNS 80, EX 35
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
2010 BE a first time buyer
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO-boosting tactics vary by situation. For instance, in my case what I should do is pay down credit card balances...that's my number one stumbling block bar none. For the guy or gal on the next stool, it might be a collection last year that's holding down a FICO score.

My Web site contains a complete breakdown of credit report items, and helps you to evaluate which item(s) are having the greatest negative impact. My site also has links to order your credit reports and myFICO products, so you can apply your knowledge to more effectively manage your credit situation.
Message 3 of 5
_andClimbing
Contributor

My FICOs have gone up about 90 points each since May 11 due to:

- Disputing inaccuracies on my reports
- Writing a few dozen GW letters, and then writing some more
- Got a paid 2006 collection removed by asking nicely
- Adding one new CC with a $2k limit (helped in utl%)
- Requested limit increases on all open cards (while avoiding hard inqs) and got some - also helped in utl%
- Paying utilization down from 90% to 20% (combined with other utl% items listed above)
- And I have resisted going on a WILD APPLICATION SPREE since my scores started climbing (that's the hardest part)
5/11/08 FICOs: EQ - 551
8/6/08 FICOs: EQ - 659, EX - 663, TU - 683
Message 4 of 5
_andClimbing
Contributor

Submitted too soon. I also meant to say:

I spent about 90 hours in the past 45 days reading this site. There is a wealth of excellent information and wonderful people around here. Anything you want to know about how to improve your credit can be found by searching or asking. Good luck!
5/11/08 FICOs: EQ - 551
8/6/08 FICOs: EQ - 659, EX - 663, TU - 683
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.