Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Listed as deceased

Condolences.
Message 11 of 13
Veee
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Happydays, I knew there was something I forgot!  I was so excited to send off my first package Monday that I forgot to add that stuff grrrrrrrrrr...

Veee
Myfico scores as of 11/12/08 TU 750 EX 722

MyFico scores as of 9/20/08 TU 638 EX 663 EQ 691
Message 12 of 13
Veee
Frequent Contributor

sidewinder wrote:

I would contact the CU reporting and ask them to fix it. If they won't, then I'd contact the CRA about fixing it. But, don't dispute the accounts because if the CU decides not to respond since the account is closed, they would get deleted. Likely these accounts are helping you.

I got impatient waiting for a response from CRA's so I called CU.  The first csr started with the "you need to contact the CRA and dispute it with them".  I got all smart (thanks to you) and said "No, according to the FCRA you are obligated to report accurate information and I'm very much alive and you are reporting me as deceased, very inaccurate information".  I was asked to leave a message on the supervisor's voice mail regarding my account and she would call me back.  She called me back and said that the day before they had just verified the mistake so I should be hearing from them soon.  I didn't even get a chance to throw my smarts around Smiley Happy.  Still waiting reply from CRA's, it hasn't been 30 days yet.

Thank you!
Myfico scores as of 11/12/08 TU 750 EX 722

MyFico scores as of 9/20/08 TU 638 EX 663 EQ 691
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.