Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Little bit of success

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Little bit of success

As I had previously reported I'm trying to work out my credit situation and noticed a medial bill that said I was the joint owner of on my Transunion report. I don't even know what it was for and when I called the collection agency they couldn't even pull it up. I went through Credit Karma and opened a disput on the 17th. It was submitted on the 18th then this morning I get an email saying the investigation was complete.

It's been dropped from my Transunion score and that score moved up 5 points today. Granted it's not a huge win it's still nice to see a little pay off.

That account was never reported to Equifax so don't have to worry about that one, just gotta pay a few things off and see where I stand!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Little bit of success

I do have a question regarding my other collections though.

I called both parties earlier and setup payment plans. The agency for Windstream said they do not and will not remove early but I still agreed to payment. The agency for Time Warner said once I'm paid in full to just write them and it would be gone which is great.

My question however is, when I'm making these payments will my score go up at all, or only when it's paid in full?

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

What I've learnt so far is PIF stops collections from reporting As new-ish and open and let's them age To their deletion dates without the worry of the statute of limitations in your state and them serving a judgement for money owed.  Helpful if an underwriter sees it, proof you pay your bills. However it still keeps your score down, but it does begin to age, which helps in the long run.  You'll be stuck in goodwill letter hell with a fabulous relationship with your post office.

No real boost for PIF, but your Vantage score does rise, not FICO.

the ultimate goal is deletion for the Fastest, biggest boost.  There's an entire how to thread on pay for delete but you know this Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm still drinking my coffee.

no, no score movement till its gone on FICO or PIF on FAKO

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I paid off half of the Windstream debt as it was the cheapest and will pay the other half my next paycheck. I'm also paying Time Warner anyway and once it's paid in full I will keep trying to get a delete.

Hopefully this along with my Finger Hut Fresh Start account will slowly help things move up.

I think I'm headed in the right direction anyway.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I disputed the fact that my car loam appears twice on Equifax. The dispute is still under investigation but u wake up to see my score jumped 36 points. Is this because of the investigation and should I expect to see it fall again?
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Every move forward is positve. Keep up the good work and congrats on the jump. Let's hope it sticks!

Message 7 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
So I disputed the fact that my car loam appears twice on Equifax. The dispute is still under investigation but u wake up to see my score jumped 36 points. Is this because of the investigation and should I expect to see it fall again?

While in dispute certain aspects of the TL are removed from Fico scoring so yes once the dispute is complete the entire TL will be scored, if there are changes that are positive you may not get a 36 point drop.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

So its most likely just temporary but it'll be okay. It was worth a shot.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.