cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loan Status: "Unrated or Bankruptcy"... what does that mean?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Loan Status: "Unrated or Bankruptcy"... what does that mean?

I'm looking at my newest TU report, trying to figure out why the score is so much lower than EQ and EX... and I noticed that the status of my student loans is being reported differently, it says "Unrated or Bankruptcy." On all my other reports (EQ/EX)these loans are listed as "Pays as agreed."

I'm not sure what this means. These are deferred student loans, never been late, never have entered repayment. I've never filed bankruptcy. Is it hurting my scores that they are being reported this way?

Also, on the same TU report,it's now saying the "balances on [my] credit accounts are too high"... it recommends that I pay down the balances on these 'credit accounts'. What are they talking about? I don't have any credit cards, and the only loans I have out are student loans... why should I be paying down the balances while these loans are deferred? The other reports aren't telling me to pay down balances on my student loans.

Is this something I need to have fixed? My TU FICO is way low compared to EQ and EX now... and I can't understand why unless it has something to do with this. Thanks...
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Phoenix-rising
Frequent Contributor

Re: Loan Status: "Unrated or Bankruptcy"... what does that mean?

It's amazing what you can find when you read through all the details on your CRs and compare them.  I would imagine that the Unrated or Bankruptcy status is definitely hurting your TU score.  Hopefully when they update the history on your student loan (they are supposed to update it soon, right?) the status will change for the better.
DH's FICOS: July '08 TU-661 / EQ-593 / EX-656 --> April '09 TU-730 / EQ-705 / EX-685

MY FICOS: July '08 TU-735 / EQ-727 / EX-767 --> April '09 TU-789 / EQ-774 / EX-767
Message 2 of 8
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

My accounts from Direct Loan Servicing also say that. I've been curious about it.

I don't know if it's hurting my score though. My TU score is fairly close to 700.
Here we go again...
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

"Unrated or Bankruptcy" does not hurt your scores- 

If there are other comments on the TL- those can hurt you scores-

Installment UTL is a very small number of points- just getting them under 100% UTL will help and for me - made this comment go away-
Message 4 of 8
makeynik
Regular Contributor

I have that same comment about a Fleet car loan which was paid over 10 years ago. "unrated or paid bankruptcy"--never filed bk.
It is my only car loan on there, so I left it on, but the words "bk" are bothering me...
6/30/08 TU 441 EQ 425 EX 513
8/01/08 TU 499 EQ 488 EX 489
8/23/08 EQ 556
9/04/08 EQ 567
11/14/08 TU 531, EQ 582, EX 509
12/29/08 EQ 620 (yea!) EX 546 TU 555
1/17/2009 TU 568 EQ 620 EX 584, 4/15/09 TU 506, EQ 612
5/24/09 TU 558, EQ 646
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Phoenix...yup, these student loans are due to be updated now within DAYS to remove those late marks. Hopefully they'll fix the status too... the BK reference really bothers me. What bothers me more... is that this is a distinctive change, and now my FICO reports are telling to pay down balances on deferred student loans? I don't understand...
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Timothy... are you saying that if I send Direct Loans a check, even if my student loans are in deferment... I'LL GET MORE POINTS? Smiley Surprised

By bringing the UTIL amount under 100% (even if I only bring it down to 99.5%?)My scores will go up and the "Unrated or Bankruptcy" status will go away?

There are other comments in this TL: in the 'descriptions field'...
"Student Loan not in repayment"
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

The  status could stay the same- it is not hurting anything

I got about 8 points when got under 100% utl. Now after 1 year my SL is changing servicers and is now a $0 on EX- +7 points.

ConvexLes wrote:
Timothy... are you saying that if I send Direct Loans a check, even if my student loans are in deferment... I'LL GET MORE POINTS? Smiley Surprised

By bringing the UTIL amount under 100% (even if I only bring it down to 99.5%?)My scores will go up and the "Unrated or Bankruptcy" status will go away?

There are other comments in this TL: in the 'descriptions field'...
"Student Loan not in repayment"

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.