Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked out of Experian?!?

tag
Ambular1304
Contributor

Locked out of Experian?!?

So I'm am locked out of Experian dispute center and the only way to dispute anything with them is going to have to be thru the mail. I have called and I cant get an answer to why or if this is a forever kind of thing. Has anyone on here had this same thing happen??? I just don't get it, I can purschase a report and review it online but not dispute it... grrr Smiley Mad

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: Locked out of Experian?!?

@Ambular1304 wrote:

So I'm am locked out of Experian dispute center and the only way to dispute anything with them is going to have to be thru the mail. I have called and I cant get an answer to why or if this is a forever kind of thing. Has anyone on here had this same thing happen??? I just don't get it, I can purschase a report and review it online but not dispute it... grrr Smiley Mad

The file number to access the backdoor is expired.

The file has been viewed too many times with that specific file number, with no disputes completed.

Too many SP's have caused you file problems, resulting in it being locked for a while.

Too many disputes.

Message 2 of 5
SusieQ
Regular Contributor

also, if you already have a pending dispute, they will block online access for another until the first is completed.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

My recent June-July 2014 experience is they lock it for 30 days (as allowed in law) so they can investigate and correct any potential errors. Their on line and telephone did not work for me. All my disputes have been by mail. It is slow but I can prove what is being done. They are a real piece of work and I really don't like cleaning my file but it was time. Truth, I disputed several items four times before they got it right (finally had to remind them of various parts of the law and that I was holding them to it). Persistence and don't back down if you are right. Swear they are dumb! Frankly being a tenacious pitbull is the right approach. As an extra, Equifax was about equally dumb. Trans Union was great to work with and they had everything squared up in two days. Now I am working on ChexSystems and LexisNexis (insruance companies love them).

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah Experian and Equifax are the worse to deal with. Transunion has always been great and fast when it comes to disputes. My last resort is always the CFPB when Experian and Equifax don't seem to give a crap. That seems to always get them in gear and on the right track.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.