Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked out of experian dispute center

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Locked out of experian dispute center

I just tried to log in today to check if my disputed items on my report have been resolved. Recently, I disputed something and it was deleted from my report (yay!). So I decided to dispute three more items just to see what happens, since they are paid off and closed. Well, now it says that I am locked out and need to contact Experian. What the heck? Am I being penalized for disputing multiple things in small amount of time? I honestly am starting to despise these credit bureaus.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: Locked out of experian dispute center

Might be a temporary lockout, as some unscrupulous people use that for other reasons than disputing. Wait a few days. If the report number you're using is 30 days old, it's probably toast.

Message 2 of 5
nax
Regular Contributor

This has happened to me too, they ask ridiculous questions to verify my identity about accounts that I don't have then when I check the none of the above on all of them it kicks me out. And the fun part is I pay for their monitoring service and have access to my file anytime I want, but their dispute section hates me.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

happened to me only yesterday too.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It happened to me as well.   I've been trying once a day for the last 4 days. 

I found that using the URL that I initiated the dispute doesn't work.  It should since it gives you the option - Check Status of Existing Dispute. 

But, when I type in my info it says they're unabel to provide me online access.  This is the link that no longer

https://www.experian.com/disputes/main.html

On my credit report, however there is an alternate link. 

experian.com/checkstatus

This let me right in.  Give it a shot. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.