Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long Mortgage Foreclosure and Credit Score Impact

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Long Mortgage Foreclosure and Credit Score Impact

I'm wondering  how long the different parts of a foreclosure stay on my credit report. I had a house I thought went into foreclosure over 6 years ago that I walked away from. Surprise, I was recently contacted after almost 6 years of nothing, no calls, mail, anything, to do a refi or federal something on it, not interested of course, anyway. From my understanding my mortgage deliquency should fall off my credit score after about another year, right? It hasn't been marked as foreclosure or charged off, just 180+ past due for the last 6 years from what I can tell. Now if they actually do foreclosure, is that something that again messes up my credit for another 8 years? And I also heard there's a judicial part to the foreclosure, not a credit item, but a court order declaring the foreclosure for title purproses, and that stays on there for 15 years or something. Does that mean that at any point in the future, they can wreck my credit for another almost decade or more or are they all tied together as the same event? Thanks.

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.