cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long Time Lurker- Finally Decided to join and would like your valued opinions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Long Time Lurker- Finally Decided to join and would like your valued opinions

Any suggestions?

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

IRe: Long Time Lurker- Finally Decided to join and would like your valued opinions

I just received a letter from my medical CA saying, "We respectfully reject your request to settle for $84.00 and to remove the account from the credit bureau. We have an obligation to protect the integrity of the credit bureau. If you choose to pay your balance in full, it will be reported to the credit bureau as paid in full." What should I do next? The balance is $85.57, I thought that I just put I would pay in full for a PFD. Do you think if I offer the full amount they will change? Or should I just pay and then GW?

Message 12 of 14
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: IRe: Long Time Lurker- Finally Decided to join and would like your valued opinions

If it were up to me, I would try and try again. I'd resend a PFD to the same address that led to that response and would thank them and would try again. I'd also send PFDs to alternate addresses/fax numbers.

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: IRe: Long Time Lurker- Finally Decided to join and would like your valued opinions

Thank you for the response. I did resend the email and I received a call today. I told them that I was attempting to verify that this account was actually mine with the medical company. Any tips on how to convince a CA to agree on a PFD? Does anyone have any experience with Merchants Credit in Redmond/Bellvue,WA?

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.