Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for Credit advice/Help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking for Credit advice/Help

Hello MyFico, I'm in need of some direction my sister is interested in building her credit score. What steps should she take to improve her score/ overall credit profile . here are the her derogs based on credit karma

Credit Cards:

Avant $1275 Charge off - July 2020

Personal Loan:

Delmar Finance $50 Charge off- Oct 2018

Auto Loan:

NavyArmy CCU $23531 Charge off- Nov 2020

She has no collection accounts , but im sure a charge off is just as bad . I would suggest she pay the credit card balance and the personal loan off. but how should she go about the repo? any suggestions / advice would be of great help as Im also new to the credit world Thank you in advance

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit advice/Help

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello MyFico, I'm in need of some direction my sister is interested in building her credit score. What steps should she take to improve her score/ overall credit profile . here are the her derogs based on credit karma

Credit Cards:

Avant $1275 Charge off - July 2020

Personal Loan:

Delmar Finance $50 Charge off- Oct 2018

Auto Loan:

NavyArmy CCU $23531 Charge off- Nov 2020

She has no collection accounts , but im sure a charge off is just as bad . I would suggest she pay the credit card balance and the personal loan off. but how should she go about the repo? any suggestions / advice would be of great help as Im also new to the credit world Thank you in advance

Settle the credit card & personal loans first. The auto is going to be a bit tougher unless she has at least 75% to settle and since its just about 6 months old they may even demand payment in full. Its within SOL so they could use the courts to try and collect the balance. If she isnt in a financial position to do this I would lay low on it.

She will also need 3 open revolving cards to drive her Fico so if she doesnt have that number she should be looking at some secured cards. opensky will issue without a credit check.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.