cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for any advice for rebuilding credit.

tag
spike69
Frequent Contributor

Re: Looking for any advice for rebuilding credit.

Brandon-

Where did you run your reports? They should show date of deliquency or at least you should be able to see it in the payment history? If you believe everything to be within the SOL then I would start with DVing any CA. For those still held by the OC I would contact to see if a settlement is possible and if so, will they delete once the settlement is PIF.

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Spike,

I was part of the group of people that shopped at target when the hacking was on so I got a free account at protectmyID.com and that's where I get the report from.  It shows the date the account was opened, or maybe that's the date the CA got it, I'm not sure. 

I'm going to send DV's to the companies that I still currently owe and I am going to try to send GWs to the PIF and the one account I have that had 2 late payments.  I am going to contact the unpaid ones as well to see if they will do a PFD. 

If you have any other tips, I greatly appreciate them.

Thanks,

Brandon

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I have some good news, I disputed some things on TransUnion and got the library collections deleted and Toyota removed the 2 late payments that I had Smiley Happy

My question is will these transfer to the other credit bureaus or do I have to dispute on those as well?

Nothing really happened with the Capital One accounts except they were updated (which might have screwed me) so I am going to write letters to them to see if they will eventually delete the one's I've paid off, and if I can do a pay to delete on the others.

If anyone has any advice I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Brandon

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.