Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for some newbie advice!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking for some newbie advice!

Hey guys new to the site, and just recently started rebuilding my credit in 10/2017. Looking for some helpful info as to things I need to do!
Current TU is 595 from a 481 and EX 605 from a 475 since October 2017. Currently have a CO secured card with a $200 limit Kohl’s with a $300 limit Fingerhut with a $400 limit and just recently opened a Self Lender account for $89 a month, but it has not reported yet. I have 3 HP on my record, 5 account in collections $1100 for a title pawn I defaulted on, $1000 for a sprint bill, and three Emergency room bills for $461 a piece. Have a student loan account at 9years old I pay every month, and my UTL is at 9%. What can I do to further build my credit? I’m currently gardening for at least 6 months being that I just opened all those accounts within the last 4 months. I’ve been carrying a small balance on my CO secured between statements and PIF every month. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Looking for some newbie advice!

wrote:
Hey guys new to the site, and just recently started rebuilding my credit in 10/2017. Looking for some helpful info as to things I need to do!
Current TU is 595 from a 481 and EX 605 from a 475 since October 2017.

Currently have a CO secured card with a $200 limit Kohl’s with a $300 limit Fingerhut with a $400 limit and just recently opened a Self Lender account for $89 a month, but it has not reported yet. Use and garden till they all are reporting for 6 months, you want no more than 9% of one cards CL reporting to the CRA to help boost score. You can use the others during the month just be sure to pay them off prior to statement cut day.

I have 3 HP on my record,

5 account in collections $1100 for a title pawn I defaulted on, $1000 for a sprint bill,  Try the PfD with these 2

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-PFD-Success-Stories/...

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Example-Letter/td-p/4519

and three Emergency room bills for $461 a piece.  The medicals should be the easiest to get off here are the steps to use for them

For unpaid medical debt that is reporting on your CR:

1. Call the OC and see if you qualify for Charity Care
2. If not then ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
3. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
4. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help

Have a student loan account at 9years old I pay every month, and my UTL is at 9%. What can I do to further build my credit? I’m currently gardening for at least 6 months being that I just opened all those accounts within the last 4 months. I’ve been carrying a small balance on my CO secured between statements and PIF every month. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Best boost in score is going to come when you eliminate all the derogs from your report so that should be what you try to do.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.