Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lord this feels good !!!!!

tag
lllollolll
Valued Member

Lord this feels good !!!!!

This time last year I truely started watching, paying attention to and repairing my credit ....

Since then I opened the following accounts Fingerhut, Cap 1 Secured, Credit One, Surge, 1st Premier, Total, 1st Access and Milestone (which i closed after 2 months due to customer service). All of these accounts were opened from November 2015 through June 2016.

Well after finally getting my credit baddies under control I was able to slowly build my scores up to 620-650 range. This week I finally got approved for my new Challenger at 10% (I know that still high but I stoked about it), and today I lifted my bureau freezes long enough to get approved for Walmart, Target, Texaco, Amazon and FINALLY a Barclay's MC ...

So with all that said, should I keep those crap cards that got me here or close them out ?

Also if anyone can explain to me how to update my signature, I'd love to brag about this hard work :-)

June 2013 EQ-Trash / TU-Trash / EX-Trash
Dec 2016 EQ-Better / TU-Better / EX-Better

Fingerhut / Barclay's MC / Walmart / Credit One / Surge / Verve / Amazon / Cap1 / Texaco / 1st Premier / Total / 1st Access $300 / Target / Victoria Secrets
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
raisemysc0re
Established Contributor

Re: Lord this feels good !!!!!

Next to your nick you should see:

My Settings --> Personal Information

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
Starting Scores (06/2016):

Current Fico8 Scores (Updated 10/24/23):

Current Fico9 Scores (Updated 10/24/23):

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lllollolll wrote:

This time last year I truely started watching, paying attention to and repairing my credit ....

Since then I opened the following accounts Fingerhut, Cap 1 Secured, Credit One, Surge, 1st Premier, Total, 1st Access and Milestone (which i closed after 2 months due to customer service). All of these accounts were opened from November 2015 through June 2016.

Well after finally getting my credit baddies under control I was able to slowly build my scores up to 620-650 range. This week I finally got approved for my new Challenger at 10% (I know that still high but I stoked about it), and today I lifted my bureau freezes long enough to get approved for Walmart, Target, Texaco, Amazon and FINALLY a Barclay's MC ...

So with all that said, should I keep those crap cards that got me here or close them out ?

Also if anyone can explain to me how to update my signature, I'd love to brag about this hard work :-)

Congrats on the approvals.  Remember that Barclays is a jealous mistress and doesn't care for too many new accounts.  That being said...since those accounts have hit a year, I would close Surge and Credit One the first month, then Cap 1 and 1st Premier the second month, then round out the 3rd month by closing Total, 1st Access and Fingerhut.  By doing this, you can adjust to the changes in UTI from losing these accounts assuming that they are carrying a zero balance.  6 months from now as your scores have rebounded, then I would look at maybe Cap 1 or Amex as you are getting into score range from the ED or Delta card.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! Great work! Keep us posted on your progress Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lllollolll wrote:

Close the crap cards. You should also open an unsecured Cap One card.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.