Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing hope

tag
S7
Established Contributor

Losing hope

Seems like as usual, 2 steps forward, 5 steps back. Hopes go up, then crash back down. Seems like 16 points doesn't seem like it should be so hard, but apparently is. I wonder, if something is dipsuted with 2 CRA's, and one deletes with in 10 business days, but the other one is said to verify things more so than the others, then what really is the chance they'll remove it. It should never have been there in the first place, but it's also 5 years ago, so what proof do I have that there was no $40 balance,we've moved since then! No receipts, and I've never kept them for utility bills, sheesh. Anyway, seems like CRA's don't do much of verifying anyways, too busy to acutally do their jobs for everybody, just here and there. So It's probably going to be verified, then another month of a circus still trying to get it removed. This is RIDICULOUS.

"When you are down in the mouth, remember, everything turned out ok for Jonah."

Current FICO's(by lender) 10/9/12
EX:649, EX:651, TU:683
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
fuzzybean
Frequent Contributor

Re: Losing hope

@S7 wrote:

Seems like as usual, 2 steps forward, 5 steps back. Hopes go up, then crash back down. Seems like 16 points doesn't seem like it should be so hard, but apparently is. I wonder, if something is dipsuted with 2 CRA's, and one deletes with in 10 business days, but the other one is said to verify things more so than the others, then what really is the chance they'll remove it. It should never have been there in the first place, but it's also 5 years ago, so what proof do I have that there was no $40 balance,we've moved since then! No receipts, and I've never kept them for utility bills, sheesh. Anyway, seems like CRA's don't do much of verifying anyways, too busy to acutally do their jobs for everybody, just here and there. So It's probably going to be verified, then another month of a circus still trying to get it removed. This is RIDICULOUS.

I'd have to agree with you.  The CRAs don't seem to do their job.  I have something that the CA failed to verify, yet when I dispute it with the CRAs they verify it in a matter of hours.  I just don't get it.  I've had enough.  I disputed it one last time and filed a complaint with the BBB.  If they don't remove it this time, I'm suing the CA.  I'm done being nice.

Message 2 of 9
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Hmm,, sounds like EX.  They seem to verify everything when the others do not.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 9
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

S7, which CA is giving you a problem?  I'm having problems with Experian.

Message 4 of 9
S7
Established Contributor

I. C Systems. I'm not even sure its them, I think it's Experian themselves. Its already been removed from Equifax within 10 business days.

Message 5 of 9
S7
Established Contributor

I'm just worried that they're going to verify when it obviously can't be! I mean, why else would EQ go ahead and delete within 10 days!!??
GRR

Message 6 of 9
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Take a deep breath and let the dispute process finish. If they can't 100% guarantee that the debt was not paid or if it can't be verified, the CA has to remove it.  Hang in there and have a little faith in the system.

Message 7 of 9
S7
Established Contributor

Thank you. Smiley Happy Just seems like the system that is suppose to be in place for us in that aspect, really isn't!

Message 8 of 9
fuzzybean
Frequent Contributor

@Guyatthebeach wrote:

Take a deep breath and let the dispute process finish. If they can't 100% guarantee that the debt was not paid or if it can't be verified, the CA has to remove it.  Hang in there and have a little faith in the system.

Yes, they have to, but sadly they don't.  I've been battling a nasty CA that just keeps changing the dates and refuses to remove it.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.