I was so excited. I got another collections removed,but no jump in my score :-( So disappointed. I have a mid score of 637.... really need a 640... I am waiting for my credit cards to update since I paid them down from 17% to 8%. Hoping for a jump, I'm sooo close...BUT I just notced (this is on EQ, the 637, my TU is 657 EX....doesnt count LOL its 608) a CA is reporting as a factoring company on EQ but not TU! 120+ days late and looks like maybe in my DTI? If so, it'd be killing it. When I tried to see myFICO future it says... You currently have a combined Revolving/Open Account balance of $2,780.00. I only have 900 credit limit, with (whats on my report ) $149 balance. When I filled out my future it says
Your simulated FICO® score would be in the following range:
687 – 727
Should I just pay this? I am going to but was trying to fight for a PFD more ( recent efforts hopeless)....
Yea it depends on the age of the debt in my eyes. I would keep trying PFD agressively telling them its a lose lose situation if there is no agreement reached where as it could be win win if they would just agree (in writing lol). I would keep attacking them from different angles and then if all else fail PIF or settle and GW. If GW doesnt work then you have to start reporting them to the BBB for whatever reasons you may come up with lol. It worked with me with Verizon through the FCC. They are reporting you so you start reporting them haha (only if its paid).
I got LVNV and CPA off by BBB, which is aweomse. But, I was looking at Pinnacles file on there and looks like they send EVERYONE a no personal, generic letter saying to call them. I don't think it will help, but I will try. I also contact FTC since I've been trying to get them to verify this since 08 and never sent me nothing but yet verifies to the CRAs. I wont pay them in full due to money restraints. But they sent me a letter offering a 400 something dollar settlement I'll do (it's a now 2600 debt from an originally 1000 debt, sounds fishy to me!). This debt is past SOL and is set t fall of Dec 2013, but I want a mortgage in the next 5 months or less.
You should go for the settlement but if you pay make them guarantee that it is reporting as PIF not settled for less. From there start GW, if no luck GW start reporting them!
Seems like you know what to do. Im in the same position and want to buy a house within the next 6 months as well. Old medical Collections are killing me and I dont have the funds to pay just yet : /
Because they are reporting as a factoring company, they are probably listed as revolving also and it's counting against your util. Totally wrong!
It also depends on where the reports are coming from. Not all are thrown in the right categories.