Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost, what can I do to improve?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lost, what can I do to improve?

Hey guys, sorry for the delay in responding, i was locked out of the account and was told to make a new one. thanks for the replys regarding the AU. So they AU stuff seems to be a bit confusing...should I call AMEX and CITI directly and asked to be removed? They will remove me but it still may be on my credit report, which would then still affect my util?

I signed up and got my scores:

EX: 698

EQ: 674

TU: 710

EX has history that goes far back enough to show my late payments. EQ and TU stop in 2015. I added screenshots of my lates:

payments

Those late payments take 7 years to drop off right? However, is it worth writing GW to remove them, at least the student loan 90 day ones that have been paid off?

Message 11 of 23
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Those late payments take 7 years to drop off right? Yes each late in an otherwise current account drops at the 7 year mark.

However, is it worth writing GW to remove them, at least the student loan 90 day ones that have been paid off? Yes

Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I have not removed myself from the AU cards yet. Not 100% sure what I should do about that. Seems like people have said to work on removing the late payments from 2013 and 2014 via goodwill letters. I have sent out emails to all the companies. BofA called me 2 hours after sending an email and they said they would look into but if it is accurate it likely wont be removed. They even mention it here:

https://www.bankofamerica.com/help/goodwill-adjustments/

Message 13 of 23
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

I am an AU on a card with a $25k CL. It appears on Experian and does not appear on TransUnion. Otherwise, those two credit reports have the same stuff, so I am in good position to see how it affects my scores. Last month, the AU card had 35% utilization, and my Experian and TransUnion scores were about the same, so I'd say 35% is roughly break-even. This month, the AU card is down to about 24% utilization, and my Experian score is 24 points higher than my TransUnion score. I am not aware of anything else different on the two reports yet (number of inquiries is a bit different, but that hasn't changed recently). My Apple Card isn't reporting on TU yet, if anyone's wondering. Once it does, that will muddy the waters a bit.

I am looking forward to meeting ficoplayer3, ficoplayer4 and the whole ficoplayer family! Smiley Happy

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 14 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL Smiley LOL hope I do not have to create any more accounts. I believe the AU TL's show up on all 3 CR. But given what you said with the util maybe it would boost my score?

Message 15 of 23
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

Based on my experience, I would guess that it'll be a net negative if the utilization is above 35% and a net positive if the utilization is below 35%. Roughly break-even at 35%. However, that may be profile-dependent, and should only be taken as a guess.

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok understood, so do you think I should work on goodwill letters to remove my lates from 2013 and 2014 while I am paying down my own cards?

Message 17 of 23
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

As a preface, your scores aren't bad. I think it depends on what you want to achieve with credit over the next few years. If you are, for example, trying to buy a house, that might create incentive to work on the derogatory items. If you just want "decent" credit and you have the credit cards you need, or what have you, that might suggest waiting for the derogs to fall off in a couple years.

Also, I don't know anything about student loans. There are some experts here on that topic who will hopefully chime in.

That said, my thought would be to work on the 90-day-lates via pay for delete and/or goodwill saturation method; to get removed from the authorized user cards if you expect the balances to stay where they are; and to add missing pieces to your profile as required. I wouldn't worry about the 30-day lates for now. Maybe later. 30-day lates are not very severe.

By missing pieces, I mean, you get a scoring bonus if you have at least three bank cards. You get a scoring bonus if you have multiple types of accounts, such as cards + car loan. If you don't have or want a car loan, you can emulate its scoring advantage with a secured installment loan from Self Lender or other lenders.

Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well applying for a loan to buy a house would be ideal. However, this score may not do me any justice. The 2 90-day lates (Jan 2014) are from navient that are now paid off. I emailed their customer advocate group and got a reponse that basically said when the information is reported accurately the FCRA does not permit navient to reverse or provide courtesy retractions of information to consumer reporting agencies. Not sure, if I should try writing them letters about this. Outside of this I guess I can remove myself from the AU cards since they will not be paid off anytime soon. 

Message 19 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Definitely remove yourself from the AU accounts. Their age is likely quite a bit older than the ages of your cards, which is a help, but the utilization in them is killing you, especially the maxed card. Age only accounts for 10% of your score but usage is 35%. The harm from the balances outweighs the benefit from the age. Get ‘em gone.
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.