Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lost

@radfam wrote:

Ok so on my revolving credit accounts to get my three accounts.  I have gone on to the Cap1 prequal page and entered my info, with "rebuilding" as my status.  I got two offers:  Platinum and QS1.  Not sure how to proceed on these, if at all. 

Apply for both - back to back - then it will only count as ONE hard pull for inquiry. 

Message 21 of 34
radfam
Frequent Contributor

I got approved $1000 on platinum.  Haven't done QS1 yet.

Fico 8 as of 03/09/2023:

Message 22 of 34
sid33
Regular Contributor

Congrats!  

Message 23 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@radfam wrote:

I got approved $1000 on platinum.  Haven't done QS1 yet.

Cap One you want to do both on the same day so it only counts as ONE inquiry..... Hopefully you were able to do it.......

Message 24 of 34
radfam
Frequent Contributor

I did the second one about ten min after the first, but was denied on QS1.  I had found some posts (after I had already done it) that said the faster you do it between, potentially the more likely for approval.  I don't know if there truly is a correlation there but either way, I was only approved for one card.  I'm happy with the one approval.  Stinks on the QS1 but this is a rebuilding journey so I am thankful that I was able to start somewhere better than I expected.

Fico 8 as of 03/09/2023:

Message 25 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Once your account is setup online, go to the autopay manager and set up autopay for the minimum payment due.

Make this a habit with all accounts.

What I do is I have a separate checking account that I use for all my payments and I keep a hefty balance in there since autopays can come out in case I am injured or sick or trapped in a thirld world prison.

Message 26 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital one allows only one credit line every six months, you can't get the second one before then. Dv
Message 27 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can't have 2 credit cards within 6 months, not credit lines sorry for the mis wording. Dv
Message 28 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

My husband had the same thing happen.   After a couple months he was able to get some other cards..... Has all the Home Center cards (HD, Lowes, Menards); BuyPower (which is a CapOne card); and a Venture Card now...... you'll get there....

Message 29 of 34
radfam
Frequent Contributor

I've considered creating a second checking account solely for filtering autopays towards.  My husband and I have a joint bank account, so it may make things more simple if we do autopay bills on one account only and just keep a larger balance on that account. 

I was able to add the Plat card to my account, but have to wait until the card comes to set up autopay from what I can tell.  Moving all of our existing bills to autopay has already started and will continue today. 

Fico 8 as of 03/09/2023:

Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.