Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowes Card Inquirie Caused 8 Point Drop

tag
xecutech
Contributor

Lowes Card Inquirie Caused 8 Point Drop

So, I jumped the gun an applied for a Lowes card online. I didn't get an instant approval or denial, but got a reference number and the message that I will get an email or a letter. I am assuming it's up for a manual review, but expecting a decline letter in the mail. Anyone else have experience with them?

I checked my credit report this morning and my TU score dropped from 685 to 677, but just on TU, so I guess that gecredit only pulled from there. I was only expecting the inquirie to maybe be a 1-2 point hit, so lesson learned.

I did notice that TU has my name listed wrong. I sent them a letter a while back with proof of my correct name, but they won't change it for some reason. I am thinking that may be the reason I didn't get an approval or denial, so maybe a manual review might not be so bad and I may be approved, but we'll see.

I am sure if I get approved, the score will improve over time, but if I get declined that's going to suck.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
lae_lae
Regular Contributor

Re: Lowes Card Inquirie Caused 8 Point Drop

I believe if you received a reference number that means they just need to verify some information.  Call the Lowe's recon line at

800-444-1408.

Message 2 of 5
Sobo
New Contributor

Someone correct me if I am wrong....but you can have up to a certain amount of inquiries without it really affecting you. According to my report/score watch - once I hit 6 inquiries, I will see a big hit. I was trying to get a transfer card and applied to a couple - I think I'm at 3. I haven't seen a huge hit yet.

5/17/13 Starting 627
Current Score 776
Goal 800
Message 3 of 5
xecutech
Contributor

I called. I was declined. Now i am bummed out...

Oh well, maybe next time I guess.

Message 4 of 5
lae_lae
Regular Contributor

Did you talk to a regular CSR or a credit analyst?  CSR likely cannot do much but might be a different story with a credit analyst.  Also try this number 1866 519 6441. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.