Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MA Bar Assn. won't take complaints about Zwicker & Associates

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

MA Bar Assn. won't take complaints about Zwicker & Associates

I tried to lodge a complaint with the MA Bar association for Zwicker & Associates practices in violation of the FDCPA - well, the MA Bar told me today on the phone that they won't accept such complaint, "feel free to call the AG for that...".

Next, I will write them a letter to keep in my records - we'll see their written response.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
upinflagstaff
Frequent Contributor

Re: MA Bar Assn. won't take complaints about Zwicker & Associates

It sounds like the AG, BBB, Bar Association, etc. would need to be copied on all correspondence.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

WHAT?? Oh man, I was just preparing my complaint to TN state bar regarding Buffaloe law firm. I've already filed complaint with FTC. Did you complain in writing and then they called you to refuse it?  Are they allowed to just refuse it, or do they have to do some quick investigation of your complaint first?

I'm learning from you, demed! Keep us posted.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

The MA Bar Assoc doesn't take online complaints - you have to call a voice mail number, leaving your details, they will call you back within 72 hours to see if they will accept your complaint - and they only take complaints about specific attorneys, not a firm.

So my next step IS to send them a letter, and they will respond saying they can't take it - it will be another memento.

Message 4 of 6
upinflagstaff
Frequent Contributor

Don't you have the name of an attorney signed to the bottom of their letter to you?
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

They limited themselves to two inquiries - a hard one and a soft one on different CRAs - no letters.

I have so fare reported them to the BBB (complaint closed with customer still dissatisfied), the MA AG, and sued them in Small Claims for violation of FDCPA 809, making contact without prescribed communication within 5 days. We go to court on Dec 22.

They have no real collection to bring up.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.