cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCM and run away fees

tag
Credit-Comback-Kid

Re: MCM and run away fees

I recieved the PM, thank you for your prompt help. I am outside of the SOL (4 years)

I will keep talking on here rather than PM, just because it might help others.

I have seen plenty of posts that have shown success with going straight to the CRAs with a complaint. "Could" this work if the debt is unpaid?
I wouldn't hurt

However I am prepared to try and get MCM to reduce the balance but I heard they do not budge much. Like I said these balances are over 300% of the actual amount.

EQ: 583, TU: 564, EP: 541 3/27/2014
Message 11 of 13
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Credit-Comback-Kid wrote:

I recieved the PM, thank you for your prompt help. I am outside of the SOL (4 years)

I will keep talking on here rather than PM, just because it might help others.

I have seen plenty of posts that have shown success with going straight to the CRAs with a complaint. "Could" this work if the debt is unpaid?
I wouldn't hurt

However I am prepared to try and get MCM to reduce the balance but I heard they do not budge much. Like I said these balances are over 300% of the actual amount.

What would be your basis for a dispute with the CRAs.  If it is accurate you are not supposed to dispute.

As far as the amount of the debt, CAs are allowed to add interest and fees as long as your state laws and the original agreement allow for it.

In your DV you can ask for the name and address of the original creditor and an itemization of the debt.

Message 12 of 13
Credit-Comback-Kid

Thank you I will try that.

What is the best verbage to talk them down on the amount?

EQ: 583, TU: 564, EP: 541 3/27/2014
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.