Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCM getting to settle.

tag
corysti
Valued Member

MCM getting to settle.

Well i've been dealing with this terrible company on a past credit card for the past month. They originally told me that they would settle for $500 but I felt that wasn't a good settlement since I only used 200 for debt and rest of the 500 is late fees and interest charges. I called last week and told them I was willing to settle for $300 and the lady said she would transfer me so I got transferred to the guy that is handling my account. It went to voicemail and I have yet to be able to get a hold of him. I've left several voicemails and nothing is getting returned. The final day to pay is coming soon and I don't know what to do, I have 300 to settle but I can't get nothing done...any suggestions?

Starting Score: 475
Current Score: 517
Goal Score: 650

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

Re: MCM getting to settle.

My advice on Midland is hold out past the original settlement offer. They started with a 10% settlement offer for me, and when I failed to respond increasted to 40% off

Message 2 of 18
corysti
Valued Member

I mean im all for waiting but I recieved a letter stating if I didn't pay by feb 7 they will take legal actions. This was my only letter i got from them it basically was telling me it is now in their hands and that i better pay up.

Message 3 of 18
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

Yeah if they're threatening legal..you may wnat to try and call them to work something out. I've suffered the judgement route...you'll end up paying amount + fees and interest anyway...tack on the credit hit. At that point...you've lost all leverage

Message 4 of 18
corysti
Valued Member

thats the thing im trying to but the person that deals will my account won't answer my calls. I've told them and they said that he is the only one that can make arrangements.

Message 5 of 18
ccb2115
Frequent Contributor

Just get in touch with them this week when you get a chance. I settled my debt with them in June 2011, however; I was going through old mail that I never opened and saw that they threatened to sue me if I didn't pay by April 2011. Perhaps they were going to do so if I didn't get in touch with them when I did, but remember that no collection agency wants to let it get to that point. You have not received anything regarding a lawsuit yet, so just get in touch with them ASAP. I'm sure they would much rather get what they can at this point.

Scores: EX: 793 EQ: 804 TU: 801
Message 6 of 18
corysti
Valued Member

Who do I ask for then when I'm trying to settle....no one seems to be able to help because they don't handle settlements.

Message 7 of 18
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

Check your PM...sent you some e-mail contacts at MCM

Message 8 of 18
corysti
Valued Member

Thanks, so I emailed Mod Cut because you said you had previous luck with her. She answered quickly and was very nice....but she said that I would have to talk to an account manager for this account. I told her about him not answering me etc and she said ill let you talk to his boss. I figured yes! Something is going to get done. I heard the phone pick up then he hung up on me. I'm thinking about getting attorney....should I call the credit card company to see if something can be done that way?

Please don't post names of private individuals on the public forums.

MarineVietVet, myFICO moderator

Message 9 of 18
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Mod Cut is the WORST .... her "manager" was probably not really his manager.... there are only two people that i have ever heard of that deal with accounts.... i call 5-10 times a day when trying to address Mod Cut until he answers..... 

I have quite the reputation with midland, 

I absolutely hate this company... i honestly would not talk to them over the phone at this point of time.

I would send them a snail mail CMRRR stating that you wish to ONLY be contacted by mail, and attach a PFD (pay for deletion)  Smiley Happy 

Once again please don't post private names on the public forums.

MarineVietVet, myFICO moderator

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.