Did you mean: 

MCM won't validate (Update: DELETED!)

tag
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: MCM won't validate

@AccountingGuy wrote:

So,

If I want this off of my credit report, I basically have to file a civil suit? Is that going to cost me much?

I have read that they immediately back down to any lawsuit.  Also, I'm 99% positive that they can't validate the debt.

How would I start this process?

I have midland in court as we speak it's going on 5 months. I have a consumer attorney handling mine. 

Message 11 of 70
AccountingGuy
Valued Member

@DaBears wrote:

I have midland in court as we speak it's going on 5 months. I have a consumer attorney handling mine. 

Is it worth going to an attorney over $343? The attorney fees will be more than the debt owed.

Starting Score: 584
Current Score: 639
Goal Score: 700+

Care Credit $3k, Cap One $1.25k, Cap One $1k, Credit One $1k, Discover It $800, Walmart $550, Paypal $500, Barclays $500, Valero $300, Amazon $300, Best Buy $300
Message 12 of 70
AccountingGuy
Valued Member

Bump...I really need to know how I should attack this.

Care Credit $3k, Cap One $1.25k, Cap One $1k, Credit One $1k, Discover It $800, Walmart $550, Paypal $500, Barclays $500, Valero $300, Amazon $300, Best Buy $300
Message 13 of 70
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@AccountingGuy wrote:

@DaBears wrote:

Is it worth going to an attorney over $343? The attorney fees will be more than the debt owed.

Most consumer attorney's get their money back from the CA to cover their fee's. You would need to call and talk to one. What state are you in?

Message 14 of 70
AccountingGuy
Valued Member

I'm in Ohio.  It appears some have had luck getting MCM to delete by paying the OC.  See this thread: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Had-collection-with-Midland-for-T-Mobile-acco...

Do you think I should try this first?

Message 15 of 70
AccountingGuy
Valued Member

So, after reading through the forums, I think suing midland will work.  Every case I've read has said they will call you and ask you to dismiss the case for a deletion.  I'm assuming that they will not bother showing up in court over $343.  It will cost them more than that in legal fees to try and win.

Any tips on what I should sue for?  A draft or legal wording would be GREATLY appreciated.  I have copies proving they won't validate my debt and copies of settlement requests they have sent after my DV request.

Message 16 of 70
AccountingGuy
Valued Member

OK...so new information on the case.  They responded to my BBB complaint and stated the following facts in their case:

They mailed a dunning letter on 10/07/2012

They received a debt validation request on 12/17/2012 and that it was not timely.

Here's the thing: they mailed the letter to an address that I was not living at.  I have a copy of my lease that showed I moved in 6/28/2012.  Wouldn't this mean the clock never started because I never received the letter?

If so, they then ignored my DV and proceeded to send me collection letters in violation.

Do I have a case to argue back with the BBB?

Message 17 of 70
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Bump @accountingguy, I just received the same letter today...I wish I had read your thread before I posted mine....LOL. They are brutal.  

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 18 of 70
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@AccountingGuy wrote:

OK...so new information on the case.  They responded to my BBB complaint and stated the following facts in their case:

They mailed a dunning letter on 10/07/2012

They received a debt validation request on 12/17/2012 and that it was not timely.

Here's the thing: they mailed the letter to an address that I was not living at.  I have a copy of my lease that showed I moved in 6/28/2012.  Wouldn't this mean the clock never started because I never received the letter?

If so, they then ignored my DV and proceeded to send me collection letters in violation.

Do I have a case to argue back with the BBB?

PM me, I'm going to give you some info.

Message 19 of 70
AccountingGuy
Valued Member

Done

Message 20 of 70
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.