Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCSD - Medical Collection Stress Disorder

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

MCSD - Medical Collection Stress Disorder

I have worked on this for two years and it is still an issue. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions for me regarding the issue below (I apologize for the length of the explanation)?

There is a medical collection on my EQ report. This bill was included in a lawsuit that paid all medical bills however this bill of $165.32 fell thru the cracks. In 2015 I found it on my credit report and contacted the company who finally determined I owed $165.32 t although the collection filed by Transworld Systems showed $200.00. They found evidence that the attorney paid them but not the $165.32.  Since the suit was over I paid them the $165.32 and asked them to remove it from my report.  I was told that once they turned it over to the collection agency they could not remove it.  I noticed that after my payment to them the collection updated and showed a 0 balance and a paid account. I attempted to dispute it with EQ and the collection shows that this is a disputed item (for two years it has shown this).  It also shows that it was paid 11/4/16 when it was actually paid April 2015.  

Although the original medical device company said they couldn't do anything they did accept the payment and apparently notified the collection company that it was paid and now has a 0 balance so obviously they could do something.

I have about 16 emails saved from the original company discussing the bill and what I should pay them, what they received from the attorney,  and asking for removal etc.

This collection only shows on EQ.  Both other bureaus removed it two years ago. I do believe my EQ score would improve somewhat from the current 738 if it was removed.  I could be wrong. Both my other scores are over the 800 range and I would  like to get EQ up a little higher.  I realize the removal will not increase the EQ score 60 plus points but it would be probably increase some. Anytime my EQ score is analysed it mentions this collection is a factor that is hurting and it seems almost everyone uses EQ some way or another..

Any ideas or should I let let it go?  Thanks for any input.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Re: MCSD - Medical Collection Stress Disorder

The OC can't remove the collection. You have to request it's removal from the collection agency. Try a GW campaign to the CA

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: MCSD - Medical Collection Stress Disorder

If you can obtain an agreement from a medical provider that their referral to a debt collector was in error, that would be legal basis to get the collection deleted.

If notified by the provided, the debt collector would be required to delete the erroneous reporting, as they did not have a legitimate debt or legitimate collection authority.

If the debt is ultimately paid via insurance, that is now basis for removal of a medical collection under the new National Consumer Assistance Plan implemented by the CRA beginning in Jan. 2015.

However if the consumer pays the medical debt to the medical provider or the debt collector, that is not basis for deletion of the collection.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.