Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MERRICK BANK AND FIRST PREMIER BANK CHARGE OFFS FROM NOVEMBER OF 2015

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

MERRICK BANK AND FIRST PREMIER BANK CHARGE OFFS FROM NOVEMBER OF 2015

Hi. I have 2 seperate charge offs from Merrick Bank and First Premier Bank from about November of 2015. It is almost 5 years. They will drop off and be removed in about 2 years. Then it will be 7 years total in November of 2022. I would love to get them off right now way before then as my credit is really bad right now and I need good credit to go back to graduate school. How can I get these 2 charge offs removed? I have already tried disputing it with the 3 credit bureaus of Experian, Transunion, and Equifax. I have not been able to get them off yet on my own. I am currently using Sky Blue credit repair services to see if they can help me to get these 2 charge offs removed from my 3 bureau credit reports. I have heard that Merrick Bank and First Premier Bank do not do pay for delete requests. What should and can I do next about this? Thanks! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: MERRICK BANK AND FIRST PREMIER BANK CHARGE OFFS FROM NOVEMBER OF 2015

FP only deletes if they have made errors in the way they are reporting. If you cannot get a goodwill deletion after paying them off then there is no way to get them off.

Message 2 of 11
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I wpuld also add to stop paying that "credit repair" company and instead use that money towards the actual chargeoffs. Also stop disputing them if they're legitimate chargeoffs. Contrary to that "theory" that disputing gets rid of a lot of things, it's not true. Often times it just makes things worse. Your best bet is to just try offering a PFD, and if they don't agree, then it's up to you whether to still pay and try GW Saturation or just ride it out the last 2 years.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK! They are both legitimate charge offs from about 5 years ago. I have 2 years left on them before they are removed. You do not think that this credit repair company can directly get it off the 3 credit burueaus by disputing it? I tried pay for delete on both of them about 6 months ago. They did not go for it back then. My credit scores are low because of these 2 charge offs. About 500-520 for all 3 credit bureaus! Smiley Sad My mother is now making me an authorized user on her CitiBank and American Express credit cards. She has perfect credit over 800. Will this help me out then? I need to get my credit to at least 700 or above. What does a GW Saturation mean? I would settle these 2 charge offs for less than they are listed for to get paid in full status. Each charge off is about $1,000 each. What else can I do next then? Thanks! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 11
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

OK! They are both legitimate charge offs from about 5 years ago. I have 2 years left on them before they are removed. You do not think that this credit repair company can directly get it off the 3 credit burueaus by disputing it? I tried pay for delete on both of them about 6 months ago. They did not go for it back then. My credit scores are low because of these 2 charge offs. About 500-520 for all 3 credit bureaus! Smiley Sad My mother is now making me an authorized user on her CitiBank and American Express credit cards. She has perfect credit over 800. Will this help me out then? I need to get my credit to at least 700 or above. What does a GW Saturation mean? I would settle these 2 charge offs for less than they are listed for to get paid in full status. Each charge off is about $1,000 each. What else can I do next then? Thanks! Smiley Happy

No, because it'll just keep coming back as verified, and they'll just continue to dispute it month after month, and continue collecting their fee from you. Pretty soon the CRAs will stop taking the disputes seriously and will automatically rule in the creditors' favor without even bothering to verify. As I said, PFD is really your only option to get them off early, and yes 99% of the time the creditors won't go for it, unfortunately. All you can really do is keep trying, or pay it off anyway even if they don't delete and then try GW Saturation which means emailing/mailing a letter to the creditor every couple of weeks or every month to various contact emails and/or physical addresses and asking for a good will gesture on their part to delete the TL off your reports. They will most likely deny that too, so you have to be persistent. By the way if you settle, it'll be marked as such on your report. You can try asking for them to notate your account as paid in full, but again that is at their discretion. Finally, if you are added as an AU, it may help some, depending on the age of the accounts and whether they have low utilization (under 8.9% balance of total credit limit), but the chargeoffs will continue to drag your scores down.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 5 of 11
hpertrain
Regular Contributor

So if I could piggy back off this post.  I too have 2 First Premier charge offs.   I looked at my Experian today and it said 2 new

late payments???    I looked over and see both FP saus last late payment in 2015. However under the 2020 column it just shows

"N" for each month.     If my last actual late payments were in 2015 will these still fall off in 2 more years or is this "N" reporting

still being reported and I'm in danger of them not falling off??  Thanks

Message 6 of 11
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@hpertrain wrote:

So if I could piggy back off this post.  I too have 2 First Premier charge offs.   I looked at my Experian today and it said 2 new

late payments???    I looked over and see both FP saus last late payment in 2015. However under the 2020 column it just shows

"N" for each month.     If my last actual late payments were in 2015 will these still fall off in 2 more years or is this "N" reporting

They can only report for 7 years and 6 mos before everything has to be deleted. As long as it's not paid, they can report it monthly and it will count as a fresh derogatory.

Message 7 of 11
hpertrain
Regular Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@hpertrain wrote:

They can only report for 7 years and 6 mos before everything has to be deleted. As long as it's not paid, they can report it monthly and it will count as a fresh derogatory.

Ok thanks.  Just so I correcty understand, even if it's being reported as a fresh derogatory and I do not pay anything toward them

for the next couple of years they will go away and be deleted.  Did I understand correctly?   Thanks

Message 8 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@hpertrain wrote:

Still will become excluded even if they update with late payments now and yes it is late as payment is still due.

Message 9 of 11
hpertrain
Regular Contributor

Pardon my ignorance, but when you say: "Still will become excluded even if they update with late payments now",

you mean "excluded" aka deleted.  Is that correct?

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.