Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MERRICK BANK AND FIRST PREMIER BANK CHARGE OFFS FROM NOVEMBER OF 2015

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

MERRICK BANK AND FIRST PREMIER BANK CHARGE OFFS FROM NOVEMBER OF 2015

Hi. My credit score from the 3 credit bureaus of Experian, Equifax, and Transunion is very low right now. It is in the low 500s. This is mostly because I have 2 charge offs from First Premier Bank and Merrick Bank from about November 2015. It has been almost 5 years already. It is supposed to come off about 2 more years from now around November 2022. I have tried to get it off and removed from the 3 credit bureaus reports. I have not been able to do so. Does anyone know what I should do next? Does anyone have the contact information for the owner or chief executive officer at First Premier Bank and Merrick Bank for me to contact to try to resolve this to get it off my 3 credit reports? Should I just forget about this and wait the 2 more years or so? How do I bring my credit score back up over 700 even with these 2 charge offs? Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: MERRICK BANK AND FIRST PREMIER BANK CHARGE OFFS FROM NOVEMBER OF 2015

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi. My credit score from the 3 credit bureaus of Experian, Equifax, and Transunion is very low right now. It is in the low 500s. This is mostly because I have 2 charge offs from First Premier Bank and Merrick Bank from about November 2015. It has been almost 5 years already. It is supposed to come off about 2 more years from now around November 2022. I have tried to get it off and removed from the 3 credit bureaus reports. I have not been able to do so. Does anyone know what I should do next? Does anyone have the contact information for the owner or chief executive officer at First Premier Bank and Merrick Bank for me to contact to try to resolve this to get it off my 3 credit reports? Should I just forget about this and wait the 2 more years or so? How do I bring my credit score back up over 700 even with these 2 charge offs? Thanks!

Are these paid COs? With a single three year old charge off I was in the mid 600s. How is your credit profile? Other accounts with derogatory entries (late payments etc)? Any collections? How many accounts reporting positiviely? Any loans reporting?

Message 2 of 5
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Yes, we're going to need a bit more details. And I don't know about getting to 700, but definitely you should at least be able to get into the 600s, close to 700 maybe.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 3 of 5
TheKid2
Frequent Contributor

I have 6 settled COs from 2017 and my FICO 8s are all 700. As pointed out, there are other factors - so we would need to know more about your overall credit profile to advise further. I'm pointing this out to let you know it is possible to get 700 with COs.

JOINED 4/2020

FICO 8 = 582, 620, 589 / Mortgage = 633, 526, 581

CURRENT PEAK *Thanks to the MF Community!

FICO 8 = 715, 711, 720 / Mortgage = 688, 696, 681

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

you will not get COs removed whether paid or not. Disputing them causes a fresh update if they have not in a while when they come back verified, causing your scores to take a hit. So, unless there is something seriously wrong with the reporting of the COs, avoid disputing 100%.

They need to be paid if they have not been already and that may help your scores.

If they are paid, I would say there are other issues with your CRs and to oull all 3 reports from annual credit report for free (no scores) to see if there are other derogs you may have missed.

Or you may have high util on your open accounts also causing lower scores. You have not given us enough info to really know what is supressing your scores.

Good luck!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.